1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Why does Oscar the Grouch have a line in the Chilly Down song?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Rugby, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Rugby

Rugby Member

I've been listening to the Labyrinth soundtrack a lot lately and keep hearing Oscar with the line that goes something like, "And your feet are dragging on the ground..." Now I know we didn't see him in the movie, but did he make some kind of cameo appearance in the song?
  2. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Oscar's not singing it. I think it's the heavy-set Fiery singing it. Carol Spinney isn't in the song.
  3. Rugby

Rugby Member

Are you sure? It's unmistakably Oscar. :grouchy:
  4. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

its not oscar, i don't think Carrol Spinney was even involved in Labyrinth. it sounds more like kevin clash. heres a link to the fireys and it will tell you who voiced them
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That gruff voice just sounds a lot like Oscar. It isn't Spinney or intended to be or sound like Oscar. I hear it a little and can see what you're saying. Just a weird similarity.
  6. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

If I remember the Firey right, this is who the voice belongs to: Danny John-Jules
  7. muppetmayhem

muppetmayhem Member

I think it is so funny to hear the same voices on so many different characters.
  8. fleecenotfelt

fleecenotfelt Member

one of the fireys is kevin clash himself, no? i love watching the behind the scenes from the older collector's edition b/c you can see a young skinny kevin puppeteering in the background!