why don't piggy and kermit get hitched?

Beauregard

Reaction score
FOZZIE!!!!!!!

Oh by the way, I e-mailed fanmail@henson.com minuets ago asking this questian so we shall just have to wait for the answer, I'll copy it over when I get it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Here's the email I just sent to JHC:

"Hiya!!

Throughout the history of Kermit and Piggy, at least since The Muppets Take Manhatten, there are many people who are confused as to whether or not they are married.

We're having this discussion at Muppet Central (.com) Forums and it's always been my understanding that, per Kermit, they are NOT married. He said in Muppet Magazine once that The Muppets Take Manhattan wedding was just for show. That Piggy, even though she keeps telling the media "et al" that they're married, is only trying to convince everyone (even Kermit who knows better) that they are married so it will be easier for her to get him.

What's the official word on this? Is my friend the frog fibbin'?? Or is the pig just pokin' fun?

I know its manic-fanatic to worry about, but, well, you know "us fans"...

Kev,
"Fozzie Bear at MuppetCentral.com""

Beauregard

Reaction score
Very good.

Now the question is who's e-mail gets answered first? And who gets it back here first.

I bet an imaginary pair of green cheese sandwiches that mine gets here first.

Any one take that on?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
No thanks, I already have plenty of green food in my fridge.

and it's all FUZZY! :smile:

FOZ

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Maybe if it's not too late, Fozzie, we should all sign the letter. We might have more of a chance of getting a response that way. Just a thought.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
No thanks, I already have plenty of green food in my fridge.

and it's all FUZZY! :smile:

FOZ
I can bet you one that is Black and Greyish and Red all over.

Oh PnM I have sent several e-mails to them and they have all been answered promptly so that should be alright.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's what I think

There have been lots of accusations about this relationship, but non were like Popeye and Olive.

There was once a comic book (known to fans as a great fake) in which they supposedly got married. A lot of fans say it didn't happen. Before then, there was a cartoon series called Popeye and son, in which they were happily married and had a child. Fans didn't like it either.

My guess, Piggy wants to be married to Kermit so badly, she tells everyone she is, and Kermit (not wanting any negative reaction from Piggy) relented and proved her right.

So there is probably no way we can tell!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kermit on Good Day Live!

It was early in the show, thank GOD!

They show Tony (?) atop a building and Kermit walks out from behind him "Keeping out of the sun."

They are where they can overlook the Walk of Fame where the star will be laid later.

Jillian and Steve interview him, and ask questions about his little fling with J-Lo in the swamp, ask about if he's dating, about tadpoles and women green from the waist down to which he claims to have nothing to do with, them nor the green men on the Walk of Fame who sleep by the streets at night.

THE BIG QUESTION!!

Steve: "Kermit, didn't you and Miss Piggy get married in something once?"
Kermit: "No! Steve, no! That was just a movie!"
Tony: "Speaking of movies, didn't you just finish one?"
Kermit: "Yes, we just finished a Christmas movie to air on a network I won't name but the initials are NBC."
Jillian: "Do you and Miss Piggy get a divorce in this movie then?"

I thought it was funny, but he denied the marriage.

Good to see that they gave some good air time to Kermit.

Then I shut the show off. :smile:

FOZ

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Also, I want to bring up that the issue was discussed on the Craig Kilburn show last night. He said that he dated Miss Piggy, but currently they weren't involved. He also said to believe him and that Piggy would tell him different. I thought I'd add that one to this thread.