Why I hate my new DVD recorder

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BECAUSE IT KEEPS ERASING HOURS OF WORK FOR NO APPARENT REASON WHAT-SOEVER! I MEAN, YOU SPEND HOURS TRANSFERRING CERTAIN TAPES TO DVD, AND THEN THE RECORDER ERASES YOUR DISC! SHEESH, NOW WHY WOULD A DVD RECORDER DO SHOULD A STUPID THING! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
BECAUSE IT KEEPS ERASING HOURS OF WORK FOR NO APPARENT REASON WHAT-SOEVER! I MEAN, YOU SPEND HOURS TRANSFERRING CERTAIN TAPES TO DVD, AND THEN THE RECORDER ERASES YOUR DISC! SHEESH, NOW WHY WOULD A DVD RECORDER DO SHOULD A STUPID THING! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww, relax, D'Snowth. It's erasing your discs that you burn? That can't be write. I don't know much about these things. Are you using rewritable discs?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, their DVD+RW. Another thing too, whenever the discs get erased, a window pops up that say: "The Disc is Damaged", however, whenever the disc is ejected, and I exam the disc REALLY carefully, and I see no scratch, no smudge, no nothing!
MrsPepper said:
Aww, relax, D'Snowth.
I'm sorry, it's just that I spent HOURS yesterday transferring six complete episodes of Courage the Cowardly Dog from VHS to DVD, and today, I prepare to finish the disc with some little special features like old promos and stuff...the whole disc gets erased! Thankfully, my parents are going to exchange the recorder, because this isn't the first time this has happened. At least I've already gotten the first 7 episodes successfully transferred to the first disc.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Don't be sorry. Just don't want you being upset! :smile: Yeah, exchange it, maybe it's faulty.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You're sweet, it's a pleasure to be part of the union, boss! *phone rings* oh, excuse *picks up phone* 3976 1/2 T*K*O....

I feel better now!

That Announcer

Reaction score
Well, it's good you're getting a new recorder. I myself am looking into buying one. So that I know what brand not to buy, what brand do you have?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never really noticed, but when I get it exchanged, I'll let you know. BTW, we missed you yesterday, where were you?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ah, earlier I thought of a reason why it may not be working, but then I forgot what it was... :/ Wish I could be more help!
Thank you, maybe I oughtta give you a rise in pay... :wink: