Why I hate my new DVD recorder

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, but alot alot of players won't be able to read the DVD RW.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Yeah, but then the problem is, if something went wrong during the recording, then you wouldn't be able to re-do it.
Unless it was a Panasonic DMR-E80H (or E85H and above) which has a harddrive ... :smile:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Yeah, but alot alot of players won't be able to read the DVD RW.
Quite right, the DVD-R's I burn have played in any player I try them in so far. And the chance of something going wrong during recording is pretty unlikely, it can happen yes, but probably won't.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
Quite right, the DVD-R's I burn have played in any player I try them in so far. And the chance of something going wrong during recording is pretty unlikely, it can happen yes, but probably won't.
It also depends on what brand of disc you use. Ritek is a very good brand - I've never had any duds with those. Memorex is too, but I've been working with a bad batch of those recently, so you better make sure the discs you use are cheap and that they come in bulk.

http://www.shop4tech.com <- GREAT site for buying blank DVDs and cases and such :smile:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
It also depends on what brand of disc you use. Ritek is a very good brand - I've never had any duds with those. Memorex is too, but I've been working with a bad batch of those recently, so you better make sure the discs you use are cheap and that they come in bulk.

http://www.shop4tech.com <- GREAT site for buying blank DVDs and cases and such :smile:
Yes, right now I'm using a pack of 50 Staples DVD-R's that I got for about $10.00 and which work great. I'll be sure and stay away from Memorex for the time being, LoL.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<smiles, nods, and pretends to understand>

<quietly watches as the entire conversation goes right over my head>