Why is it that TMM or GMC never played on TV in the 2000's

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Since all the Muppet movies except TMM and GMc. Aired on Tv in the 2000's why was TMm and GMC never on TV?

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Last time I checked, Oddysey aired GMC in Spring 2001, and Hallmark Channel aired TMM sometime in mid-2002.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Since all the Muppet movies except TMM and GMc. Aired on Tv in the 2000's why was TMm and GMC never on TV?
Well, isn't it obvious? Communists own the networks!

But, seriously, no clue. Maybe because the networks think these movies are too sophisticated and intelligent for today's viewing audience?

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Man this reminds me of how we only see Kermit on SS from Do De Rubber Duck, Everybody Be Yo'Self and Elmo's World: Frogs.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only Muppet movies I've seen played on television since the beginning of 2000 are...

• Sesame Street Presents: Follow that Bird (1985)
  • Muppet Treasure Island (1996) Didn't Cartoon Network recently air it? Isn't that odd that CN would air a Disney-owned/controlled movie since they're like bitter rivals?
  • Muppets From Space (1999)
  • The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland (1999)
  • Kermit's Swamp Years (2002) since it was a made-for-TV movie.
  • It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002) likewise.
  • The Muppets' Wizard of Oz (2005) again...

We never had Oddessy, but as I recall, didn't they also air TMS at one point? Other than that, we didn't get Hallmark until 2004 or so, so I wouldn't recall them ever airing TMM.

We all know that KYS was aired on Starz; IAVMMCM on NBC; and MWoO on ABC. HBO seems to air FTB when you least expect it, and I think they were the ones who had been playing MFS recently; I forget which movie channel played EIG when it first aired on cable TV.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
HBO also had MFS and Jim'ss cameo in Into the Night. MCC was on Disney Channel December 2004. IAVCMm also aired on WGN and Hallmark. MTI played on Starz, WB and Hallmark.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Muppet Treasure Island (1996) Didn't Cartoon Network recently air it? Isn't that odd that CN would air a Disney-owned/controlled movie since they're like bitter rivals?
For a period of time before it became XD, Toon Disney started airing Warner Bros cartoons like Batman TAS and Pinky and the Brain. No kidding. Think of it as a Touchtone produced TV show that airs on a network NOT owned by Disney. And there are quite a few of them. There's no reason for them to withhold the movie from airing anywhere else. They have to PAY them to run it anyway.

And much as I love the Muppets, I'm still 100000% against ANY live action on Cartoon Network. Even good stuff.