Why is Nick on CBS now Nick Jr. on CBS?

salemfan

Reaction score
First the Nick on CBS block of shows on CBS was Nick Jr. only, then it was Nick and Nick Jr., now they've eliminated all the older-age Nicktoons from the Nick on CBS block and made CBS' Saturday morning block just Nick Jr. shows. Can anyone tell me why they got rid of all the older-age Nicktoons from CBS and started to only air the Nick Jr. shows on CBS' Saturday morning block?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno, and I guess I'll never know.... You know, Saturday morning is really getting a beat down. I mean, other than Fox Box and Kid's WB, all the other shows are taken from Cable channels. Which I don't mind terribly... if they were the good shows. I enjoyed the year and a half Nick toons stint on CBS watching Hey Arnold and Wild Thorberries and stuff like that, and hoped somehow they'd get Fairly Oddparents or Spongebob or maybe even CatDog.... but then it all fell back into the same annoying Blue's Clues type programming which is on, what... like 2 or 3 other channels?

It's bad enough that they all want to replace SatAM with another News cast, but this really takes Sat AM on the chin. Ow!

salemfan

Reaction score
Will we ever see older-age Nicktoons on CBS again?

"I used to be afraid of CBS and its eye logo, but I'm not anymore."

salemfan

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Big Brother Is Watchin'
What does that have to do with anything?

"I used to be afraid of CBS and its eye logo, but I'm not anymore."

salemfan

Reaction score
More cable TV cartoons should air on regular TV. Here is what Nick on CBS should include again:
Dora the Explorer(currently exists)
Blue's Clues(currently exists)
Little Bill(currently exists)
SpongeBob SquarePants
Rugrats
All Grown Up
My Life as a Teenage Robot
Jimmy Neutron
Also, ABC should air some Playhouse Disney shows and The WB should air some Cartoon Network cartoons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
teenintosesame said:
More cable TV cartoons should air on regular TV. Here is what Nick on CBS should include again:
Dora the Explorer(currently exists)
Blue's Clues(currently exists)
Little Bill(currently exists)
SpongeBob SquarePants
Rugrats
All Grown Up
My Life as a Teenage Robot
Jimmy Neutron
Also, ABC should air some Playhouse Disney shows and The WB should air some Cartoon Network cartoons.
WB does! They have Teen Titans, after all. They even had Powerpuff girls and KND for a very breif period of time.

salemfan

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I enjoyed the year and a half Nick toons stint on CBS watching Hey Arnold and Wild Thorberries and stuff like that, and hoped somehow they'd get Fairly Oddparents or Spongebob or maybe even CatDog.... but then it all fell back into the same annoying Blue's Clues type programming which is on, what... like 2 or 3 other channels?

It's bad enough that they all want to replace SatAM with another News cast, but this really takes Sat AM on the chin. Ow!
I myself was hoping that Nick on CBS would somehow get in SpongeBob, but as mentioned, it fell back into just Nick Jr. shows.

salemfan

Reaction score
Hasn't PBS aired some programs originally made for cable TV? Didn't they have Bob the Builder at one point? They now have Peep and the Big Wide World.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think it's just to fill out the weekend schedual. Using older programs helps PBS save money. No excuse for CBS, though.