Why Is Sesame Street Such A Controversial Lightning Rod?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Drtooth: Id say 2 Broke Girls is the most fake of all the shows. And Ive seen every episode. Ive been to Williamsburg area of Brooklyn, even last year, and nothing in that show reflects the area. I dont mind the graphic sexual humor, it just feels forced in the delivery...plus I know it's making fun of Paris Hilton-ish prissy princesses, it's just hard to watch even in satire. Though it's a lot easier to watch than The New Girl and Whitney, which to me are just bottom of the barrel personality trait wise.
I'm far more a fan of the show's roller-coaster of negativity and optimism. The fact they failed at their dream and are still trying for it speaks volumes over the sex jokes and lack of research about the area (any show about Boston's going to fail at doing research anyway, so I'm used to it. According to Family Guy, there's a -snicker- stripper club near Cambridge. And you're talking to someone who's been to Cambridge almost every weekend of his life).

But the Middle is far truer than that. We need more shows about failure and how crappy things are. We only have those two shows.

And I agree about New Girl. I just can't get into it. It's an exact duplicate of Happy Endings, without the totally awesome non-stereotypical gay slobby dude. And it still managed to do better than Happy Endings.