Why isn't Muppet Family Christmas still on TV?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
i was looking for this christmas special i hope this is it its the one where they fo to fozzys grandma or mothers house and then everyone shows up including fraggle rock and sesame street with an apperence by jim henson with everyone saying "be careful of the icy patch" if this is right let me know PLEASE! ive been trying to find how i can get it on dvd its my favorite show of all time if anyone knows how i can get this please let me know
thank you
Yes, that's A Muppet Family Christmas.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I always got a kick out of seeing Sesame Street characters mixing with the Muppet Show Muppets and vise versa. Seeing Kermit and Robin going down the Fraggle hole was great too. It was like "What are you doing there? You shouldn't even know that the other exists". lol.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I just watched it, I don't think I ever saw it growing up (thanks to not having cable). It nearly made me cry seeing everyone together, it was like seeing my whole early childhood all rolled up in one movie :smile:. Most of all things like the Sesame Street cast I remember...Follow That Bird makes me feel the same way, warm and fuzzy :smile:
Maybe they don't show it anymore because most of the main characters in Sesame Street are different now? (In who they focus on and how certain ones act) And maybe the crossover with Fraggle Rock is something they think little kids won't 'get', untill the movie at least?
Both those reasons make me sad to think of though :frown:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I just watched it, I don't think I ever saw it growing up (thanks to not having cable). (
I didn't have cable until the late 80s and I saw Muppet Family Xmas when it first aired on regular television. I still have the tape from back then and I try to be so careful with it and watch it sparingly because if anything happens to it, it's gone. :frown: The DVD is unfortunately chopped to bits because of music rights issues and like you said it's pretty much gone from yearly airings in the U.S. on the cable stations.