1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Why isn't the Muppet Show on US TV?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by casper, Jan 23, 2004.

1. casper

casper New Member

i want the muppet show back on
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

You and me both.
  3. casper

casper New Member

write back to this post
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Me u and the other guy.
  5. Ryan

Ryan New Member

What else is there to say?? :confused:
  6. ohdarling

ohdarling New Member

im surprised someone like nick at nite or hallmark or odyssey doesnt show it :(
  7. Amazing Mumford

Amazing Mumford New Member

Yeah, me too. I'm not sure if Odyssey's still around. Anyone know? Personally, I think it would fit great on TV Land.

Of course, they could show it on C-SPAN 2 at 4am and I'd still watch it (or at least tape it).
  8. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

What I've heard is that Hallmark Channel is still able to show it. As in they have the license to. But thats what I've heard people say.
  9. casper

casper New Member

10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I guess? If thats what ur parents have u under then it has to be.
  11. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

I wish the whole collection of Time Life DVDs would be sent to my house. Then I'd be cool.
  12. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

I think part of the reason a lot of Henson stuff is not on air is that they have a reputation for demanding high license fees. If you're a TV programmer and you can get Happy Days for $250* an episode versus The Muppet Show for $500 you're going to go to decide to go with the Fonz instead of the Foz.

*I have no idea what it costs to license TV shows on cable, I'm just making up numbers here.
  13. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

You and me both, pal. If TMS was on TV, I wouldn't be quite as upset about missing vol. 6 from Timelife. I could just tape it. I don't know though. Even if the show WAS on TV, they still wouldn't have the UK spots and some times they're the best parts. I don't know. :confused:
  14. casper

casper New Member

ya me too