Wierd Things you don't get

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
See? Robin's on the plate even before the sketch begins! What's he doing there? :confused:
I was guessing that Jerry Nelson was nervous and I LOVED the part where Kermit said, "Cut!" and Robin corrects him to stay "Stop!" not "Cut!" LOL!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
My guess is that he was sleeping, and the chef just covered him up.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Now that is one weird place to be sleeping. Maybe he never heard of frog's legs?

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
Maybe Robin fell asleep somewhere else, then the chef grabbed him and put him on the plate to use him in the sketch later. He obviously knew Robin was on the plate before he started. Why he wanted to cook Robin, I have no idea...

Vincent L

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, he cooked multiple cast members throughout the show

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
That's true, but I don't think any of them were regular characters. Of course, I could be wrong...

Just out of curiosity, have the Swedish Chef and Robin interacted in other episodes? I can't remember seeing them together in other scenes besides this one.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I can't recall, either.

I don't think the Chef was really trying to hurt Robin. He's just a little crazy, and maybe not exactly the brightest bulb in the room. But he still has a big heart. Remember his scene with Big Bird in MFC?

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
Awww, I love that scene in MFC! I agree that he wasn't trying to hurt Robin, but I do think that he was trying to get back at Kermit. He was angry about being pressured by Kermit and Scooter, and remembering that Robin was sleeping on the plate, he decided to pretend that he was going to dismember Robin. Understandably, Kermit was upset, which is what the Chef was trying to achieve!

Analyzing Muppet behaviour is fun! :big_grin: