Wife had Car accident

abiraniriba

Reaction score
My wife was crossing the street in the middle of the block (I've told her a billion times, "cross on green, not in between," when a car hit her. The driver was backing up looking for an address. He hit her thigh. The baby (6 mos preg) is ok, but my wife's entire thigh is badly bruised she will be out of work until the 15th.

Since New York State Law is that car accidents go to no-fault the driver's insurance will have to pay for it. Since it was a company car and the company (Broadband Express (a cable company)) is rather large and has good insurance, our lawyer expects to get us a good settlement, but that won't kick in for a while.

All money aside, since she is pregnant the doctors are going to be watching her constantly for something called compartment syndrome, that's where the blood pools and doesn't drain correctly. If that happens she has to get to the doctor quickly, so that he can do surgery to drain it, if she doesn't get there fast enough he may have to AMPUTATE!!!

We are all watching her very closely for tingling, numbness and/or extreme pain.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Oh no abiraniriba! That's awful! I'll be keeping her (and you of course) in my prayers.

F

furryredmonster

That is terrible!! :frown:

Best wishes to you and your wife!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
At least everyone's okay, take good care of her! :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Awww, thats so awful! I will also keep you in my prayers:sympathy:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh my god, I just found this now! That's aweful, and what a shock it must have been! I'm glad both her and the baby, (I didn't know she was pregnant, congradulations!) are okay! I will be thinking of all of you!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Oh man, you guys are so fortunate to have everything come out as good as it did. Thinking of you, and hoping all ends well.

:smile:
Anthony