Will any former Muppet performers return to the show for the 50th anniversary?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So it was recently reported that Fran Brill stepped out of retirement to attend the retirement of Caroll Spinney, the man behind :wisdom: and :grouchy:. While that is a touching moment to see...it does give me a bit of hope that maybe they can convince her to make a cameo appearance via Season 50, right ?
Fran Brill did not step out of retirement. She attended a retirement party for a friend.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Id like to see the former puppeteers do a scene with their former characters performed by their new performers. I think it would be kind of neat to see Fran talking to Praie Dawn for example.
^Yes! i was literally just thinking about this! Imagine how current Elmo would react to say, Brian Muehl's Elmo. Heck, even Kevin and Ryan's Elmos are pretty different. Or Marty's and Brian's Tellys.

cjd874

Reaction score
I honestly believe that out of all the former Muppeteers that are still alive, only Frank Oz and Fran Brill have a chance of returning for the 50th season (it would be great if they did a bit as Grover and Prairie Dawn). But I also would like to see some old-school characters that have been recast, like Herry Monster and Guy Smiley.
But like they did for the 40th anniversary Q&A in Wayne NJ, it wouldn't be surprising to see Frank and Fran at special events. Wish I could have been at this one.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sesame_Street_at_40:_A_Night_of_Celebration_with_the_Legendary_Cast