Will Ferrell Returns to SNL on 5/14

scooter289

Reaction score
Hey all, since this is a place for General Discussion, I thought I'd post this here. Tomorrow on Saturday Night Live, on NBC, Will Ferrell is going to be hosting for the first time. So this may be a chance to relive the classic moments such as Celebrity Jeopardy!, President Bush, and um...well, most other characters which don't require people such as Cheri Oteri, Ana Gastyer and so on and so forth. So anyway just thought I'd let you know.

:big_grin:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm pumped. Except I'm going out of town so I don't know if I'll be back in time to see it... :concern:
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
They're already having Will show up. Where the heck is Norm Macdonald these days. He needs to show up and do a special weekend up date by himself again.

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I wish it was somebody other than the girls doing that. Tina's ok I guess, but Amy bugs the heck outta me. If I had my pick it would probably be Seth Myers.
Erin

Frogster

Reaction score
I had to go to a wedding that night, and I got home right as Celebrity Jeopardy started. Could anyone tell me what the monologue and the skit before that was about? From what I saw, it wasn't as good as I hoped. I liked Sean Connery making Tebek mad again, and I thought that was so cool when Will Ferrell started playing cowbell when the band was performing. But the funniest thing was Robert Gulet selling cell phones. That was classic.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
The monologue had Will singing "On a Clear Day" and talking to the audience while wetting his pants (without realizing it until the end of the song). :smirk: At least they didn't have that awful sketch where he and Rachel Dratch play that clingy old couple.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I wish it was somebody other than the girls doing that. Tina's ok I guess, but Amy bugs the heck outta me. If I had my pick it would probably be Seth Myers.
Erin
Tina and Amy are very refreshing on that segment. Their cracks are witty and sharp, and they play off each other well. Weekend Update had become the weakest part of the show (excluding the musical guest) until Tina and Jimmy began doing it. As long as Tina is the head writer, I think WU is going to be a segment worth watching.

As for Will Ferrell's show, the about half was non-stop hilarity. The other half was lame and felt forced. That European couple (played by Fred Armison and Mya Rudolph) are almost as bad as Will and Rachel's clingin' swingin' couple. Will Ferrell as their child was kind of disturbing. The Celebrity Jeopardy skit did not disappoint. I thought it might be tough to beat the old segments after its hiatus, but Sean Connery antics were too much. I don't think it was quite as clever as the old days (Sean Connery's wager was childish, but I suppose that was the point), but it was good.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
Ha, the whole thing with Bill Cosby and Sharon Osbourne competing on "Celebrity Jeopardy" made me laugh.

"My goodness, that must be the dirtiest word ever..."

Frogster

Reaction score
The funniest thing that night was Robert Gulet... I'm surprised no one's mentioned that...
"Robert Gulet here. Do you have a cell phone? I do. But, oh, those awful ringtones." And his encounter with the goat was funnier than ever.