Will I win the "outhouse" bet?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yep, this is totally real.

So tonight at work, Shawn (the guy who sits by me) and I ended up in a bet. We got to talkin' about outhouses (don't ask me how, I don't remember), and I stated that my parents simply had to have NEVER had a time in their life when they had an outhouse---not since birth, either one of 'em.

Shawn insists one of them did.

I vehemently refuse it to be true.

(This is what happens when ya put 2 cocky, overconfident guys together...okay, well, I'm not like that all the time, but in a heated up debate where you feel sure you're 100% right...lol---AND MY PARENTS HAVE NEVER LIVED WITH OUTHOUSES!! THEY COULDN'T HAVE, I'VE NEVER HEARD 'EM MENTION IT!! ONLY GRANDPARENTS!!)

*ahem*

So...

I bet him my paycheck that I'm right, but he's not that mean (or else he feels sorry for my potential stupidity---naaaahhh [oh Lord, please don't let Nate see this post... :eek: :embarrassed: ) , for he lowered the bet to "a 3 Musketeers bar" (I frequently get these for a snack from the vendin' machine). I at least tried to up the stakes to a meal, but we settled on the candy bar.

I accepted.

The bet is ON.

Bring it ON, baby!!

So, who will win the bet? Will Byron be right all along and viciously laugh as he holds out his hand for the 55 cents Shawn must give him for the 3 Musketeers? Will Mommy or Daddy Byron shatter his cockiness in this matter and prove Shawn (who's never met 'em) knows Byron's parents even better than Byron does? Will Shawn be underhanded and sneaky and actually take Byron's paycheck instead should outhouses come out in his favor?

Tune in next time when you'll hear Data-Enterer-Byron saaaaay:

"___ won the bet!!"

anathema

Reaction score
Something tells me the fit's about to hit the shan... :smile:

Jackie

Reaction score
byron...what do you get if you win? LOL this bet seems one sided!!! :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
This is what happens when ya put 2 cocky, overconfident guys together
That or a VERY interesting video...

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait... this is all very confusing. It's a bet whether or not your parents ever lived with an outhouse!?

Ahhhh, but have they ever owned a cottage? If so, did it have an outhouse? My friend has a cottage that has not a bathroom, but an outhouse!

Or did they ever RENT a cottage with an outhouse? These are loopholes which might seal your defeat, my friend.

^_^ Debo

radionate

Reaction score
Don't all people from Kentucky still use outhouses? Thought that went with the Kentucky Hillbilly handbook.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I ain't no "hillbilly", Nate.

:mad:

Really!

I aint'!

And Deb, the point of is that in anytime durin' my parents' lives, did they live in a house/place/thing which had an outhouse, which they had to use. :smile: So if, say, my dad lived in a house when he was 3 for a month that had an outhouse, I'd lose. But I SOOOOOOOOOO do not see that happenin'! :big_grin:

And Jackie, the wager is a 3 Musketeers bar---whoever wins (MEEEEEEEEE, obviously!!!) gets it---and whoever LOSES, a.k.a., SHAWWWWWWWN, has to PAY UP!

MWHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!

anathema

Reaction score
MWHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!
No no no, this is all wrong! See, if you're gonna do the megalomaniac's laugh, you gotta be sportin' the "Beard of Evil". :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I ain't no "hillbilly", Nate.

Sorry, Best Buddy By, but "ain't no" is indicative of hillbilly. I should know!!

Wait!

What am I saying?!

Oh, well--just call me Jethro.

For this posting anyhow.

I have a bet to wager on. For a paper clip, I bet that Nate has nibbled on a paper clip recently--like, within the past 2 months. What do you say, Byron? You're a wagerin' man. Wanna make this bet?

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Whatever happened to the days when we would simply bet on the horses?