Will it EVER end????

Katzi428

Reaction score
All right everyone,for a refresher (and those who are new here in MC) I've been friends since my freshman year of high school (grade 9) with a girl (now woman) who was like a sister to me.Our birthdays are 2 days apart (same year but she's 2 days older) & we'd been here for each other through thick & thin.
Lately I have no idea what's up with her! She criticizes me about a lot of things (like my weight.I'm not skinny,I'll give you that much. But her mother? I could say a LOT about the mother to my friend but I won't.) On the cruise, I was bugged a lot by my so called friend. Here's an example. There was a 5 K walk for cancer,and she wanted me to sign up. I told her no because I have trouble walking.So she got mad! Then she asked my mother (when I wasn't around) if I was going to come and cheer her on.Mom said probably not (which was fine) because the walk started at around 8AM. My mother told me about this & then later on my friend said she was only kidding about me coming down.She shouldn't have said anything to make me feel so darn guilty!! :mad:
Today I was told that her parents & her were coming over for pizza & so that my mom & her parents could play cards.Now I wasn't feeling well all day (which is besides the point but I didn't want to put up with any of her criticism) So her parents came over..but she didn't! (She wanted to stay home & read:rolleyes: ) I had mixed emotions. I was glad she didn't come over because I didn't feel 100% but I was also annoyed because what's more important;a book or me?
She's on diabetic medication that might be affecting her moods. So maybe that's why she's being a :grouchy: But I take medicine too! Do I go jumping all over her case?NO!!
Sorry for the long post,you all.At least I can depend on YOU as my friends.
Kathy

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
All right everyone,for a refresher (and those who are new here in MC) I've been friends since my freshman year of high school (grade 9) with a girl (now woman) who was like a sister to me.Our birthdays are 2 days apart (same year but she's 2 days older) & we'd been here for each other through thick & thin.
Lately I have no idea what's up with her! She criticizes me about a lot of things (like my weight.I'm not skinny,I'll give you that much. But her mother? I could say a LOT about the mother to my friend but I won't.) On the cruise, I was bugged a lot by my so called friend. Here's an example. There was a 5 K walk for cancer,and she wanted me to sign up. I told her no because I have trouble walking.So she got mad! Then she asked my mother (when I wasn't around) if I was going to come and cheer her on.Mom said probably not (which was fine) because the walk started at around 8AM. My mother told me about this & then later on my friend said she was only kidding about me coming down.She shouldn't have said anything to make me feel so darn guilty!! :mad:
Today I was told that her parents & her were coming over for pizza & so that my mom & her parents could play cards.Now I wasn't feeling well all day (which is besides the point but I didn't want to put up with any of her criticism) So her parents came over..but she didn't! (She wanted to stay home & read:rolleyes: ) I had mixed emotions. I was glad she didn't come over because I didn't feel 100% but I was also annoyed because what's more important;a book or me?
She's on diabetic medication that might be affecting her moods. So maybe that's why she's being a :grouchy: But I take medicine too! Do I go jumping all over her case?NO!!
Sorry for the long post,you all.At least I can depend on YOU as my friends.
Kathy
You can depend on me, Kathy.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*hugs Kathy* Kath, you know we all love you. And don't worry, I'm sure this is just something your friend is going through. It'll pass, I mean you wouldn't have been friends with her for this long if it didn't. And trust me, I'm going through something like this...My friends are all changing around me and I think we just need time to adapt to it. So (((((HUGS))))) and keep well! :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
((((HUGS)))) to you Kathy, I know how frustrating it can be when friends don't understand us. I hope things get better. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
**hugs to you Kathy** That is really dissapointing. Just try to get through it! I've been on both sides of the fence, so I know that there's no one solution. But at least you can vent here and we will take care of you. ((((((((**HUGS**))))))))

Katzi428

Reaction score
Thanks (((((everyone))))
My friend(?) had never pulled this garbage on me before (I have a stronger word than "garbage" but this being a family forum I won't use it.) The weird thing is that she never criticized me around my family or hers. She probably knew something would be said.
I have more stuff to say on this subject but my computer decided to be a pain in the neck & wouldn't let me back Online when I was starting to post about this.:rolleyes:

Kiki

Reaction score
Oh, that's awful Kathy. :frown: (((Hugs))).
Yeah, my friends sometimes throw moodies too. If it goes to far, I'd ask her way she is being so hurtful. I mean I'd ask her in a not nastily way, but in a sort of sublte kinda way. That's what I'd do anyways, I mean that's just me!!

Dr. Kiki has spoken, neeeeeeeeh! :wink:

(btw, I'm sure things will turn out for the best, m'kay?)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
:sympathy: Sorry I've only just noticed this thread Kathy. Of course I have been away. I hope things get smoothed over. If she keeps on being unfeeling toward you maybe she never was your true friend at all:frown:

But I pray you get over this trouble and are led by God to what you should do to handle the situation.

Bless you Kathy:flirt:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Kathy. I went through a really hard time in high school and to get rid of how much it all bothered me, I was not good to myself. It really does suck, and if you need to talk, shoot me a PM....