Will pay $800 for a new MR Kermit...

AnimalAttack

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I'm in the market for a MR Kermit (new in the box). I'm hoping someone on this forum picked up an extra when they were widely available and tucked it away. I know junebug1972 has one listed on ebay, however, I'd prefer to own a new one in a nice box.

I originally bought one of these in 2006, and never removed it from the box. I fell on some hard times, and sold it later for $300. Now, I'd like to have one for my own.

If anyone has one or knows where I may find one, please let me know.

Thanks!
:smile:

Barber

Reaction score
I don't know what's going on with these eBay prices. I saw 3 end throughout the summer on eBay, all below $300.

When did people start thinking Kermit sells for north of $500, let alone with such a disasterous box?

I really doubt either of those will sell, even so close to Christmas. Don't rush to buy something so jacked up in price. You'll see him again at a more afforable price.

Seriously, though, that person trying to sell Kermit with the demolished box for $800 should be ashamed and embarrassed. And it was even more expensive a few days ago. So weird.

Dame Muppet

Reaction score
Theoretically, I'd be willing to buy one with a damaged box for $350 -plus shipping cost. Without the certifications, plaque and so forth, the value is about half of a new, pristine model WITH the proper credentials. Anything above that would be pushing it for me.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Seriously, though, that person trying to sell Kermit with the demolished box for $800 should be ashamed and embarrassed. And it was even more expensive a few days ago. So weird.
I wish people would stop saying things like this. I don't know the person trying to sell his Kermit, but here's the thing about collectibles...

There's no set price! They are worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them. Especially on e-Bay, prices can vary wildly. I've seen mint condition items go for low prices, while used ones get high prices. It depends on who sees the auction and what they're willing to spend.

I wish him luck, but ultimately, the market will decide. There is no shame in trying to get as much as you can when you are forced to part with something you love for financial reasons. If you think it's priced too high, don't bid on it, but there's no need for name calling.

:stick_out_tongue:

junebug1972

Reaction score
Free Market and Free Speech

It's all good. I think people on the forums can call me a what they want. It really does not bother me. I am selling this for as much as I can get for it. Free Markets and Free Speech. I LOVE being an American!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
WOE is right. If you are wanting the item that bad, you would be willing to pay for it. I know I have done it when their was something that I could not afford at the time, but then saw it again later. was it worth it to me? Darn right it did. Cause it was something I wanted bad enough to get it. So it is all based on how much you want something, you have to be willing to pay for what you feel is right for you.