Will Ryan

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today's V/A focus is the talented Will Ryan. Not only is he a great voice artist, but also a great songwriter and storywriter. Will had written songs and stories for shows like Dumbo's Circus, Teddy Ruxpin, and the Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss. And Will is well known for voicing Eugene in the Adventures in Odyssey radio and video series as well as doing the voice of Grubby the Octopede, Teddy Ruxpin's best friend.

ADVENTURES IN ODYSSEY(RADIO AND VIDEO SERIES): Eugene Meltsner, Officer Harley, Officer O'Ryan, Harlow Doyle
ADVENTURES OF TEDDY RUXPIN: Grubby, Louie
ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS: The Newspaperman
AN AMERICAN TAIL: Digit
THE BOLLO CAPER: Chestnut, Monkey 1, Snag Carstair
CAPTAIN O.G. READMORE SPECIALS: Wordsy(sometimes), Humpty Dumpty
COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG: Alien Duck Brothers
DOT AND KEETO(uncredited): Beetle
DOWN AND OUT WITH DONALD DUCK: Goofy, Pete
DRAWN TOGETHER(uncredited): Bob the Cucumber
DUCKTALES: Pete
DUMBO'S CIRCUS: Barnaby
ELMO AARDVARK, OUTER SPACE DETECTIVE: Elmo Aardvark
A FLINTSTONES CHRISTMAS CAROL: Ned
FROG AND TOAD SERIES: Frog
GARFIELD AND FRIENDS: additional guest voices
G.I. JOE: Footloose
A GNOME NAMED GNORM: Gnorm
GUMMI BEARS: Gad, Zook, Unwin, King Carpie
HOUSE OF MOUSE: Willie the Giant
THE LAND BEFORE TIME I: Petrie
THE LITTLE MERMAID: Seahorse
LOONEY TUNES BACK IN ACTION: Henry Bear
MARIO SUPERSTAR BASKETBALL(uncredited): Pianta, Bowser
MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE: Willie the Giant
MICKEY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL: Mole, Willie the Giant, Pete, Weasel 2
THE MOTHER GOOSE VIDEO TREASURY: Bertram the Gander
THE PEBBLE AND THE PENGUIN: Royal, Tika
RALPH S. MOUSE: Mouse
ROCK-A-DOODLE: Stuie Pig
SPORT GOOFY IN SOCCERMANIA: Scrooge McDuck, Gyro Gearloose, Beagle Boys
THE STORY OF SANTA CLAUS: Additional voices
TEEN WOLF(ANIMATED): Chubs
THUMBELINA: Hero
WELCOME TO POOH CORNER: Rabbit, Tigger
WINNIE THE POOH AND A DAY FOR EEYORE: Rabbit
WONDER SHOWZEN: The Letter P

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are you sure Will Ryan voiced the Duck Brothers on Courage the Cowardly Dog?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I believe he did. Those ducks sound like Will's familiar voice.
It's always hard to tell... I know people believe that Ringo Starr actually did the voices, but that can't be true, as Ringo was never listed as a part of the series' cast.

I believe they were merely supposed to sound like mimicks of him, like the Evil Snowman was supposed to sound like Sean Connery (and many people were lead to believe that he did do the voice), but he was actually voiced Paul Schoeffler, who also voiced Katz, Le Quack, Cajun Fox, Freaky Fred, Dr. Vindaloo, and a host of others.

Xerus

Reaction score
It's always hard to tell... I know people believe that Ringo Starr actually did the voices, but that can't be true, as Ringo was never listed as a part of the series' cast.

I believe they were merely supposed to sound like mimicks of him, like the Evil Snowman was supposed to sound like Sean Connery (and many people were lead to believe that he did do the voice), but he was actually voiced Paul Schoeffler, who also voiced Katz, Le Quack, Cajun Fox, Freaky Fred, Dr. Vindaloo, and a host of others.
I also remember a giant robot on that show who sounded a lot like Christopher Walken.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also remember a giant robot on that show who sounded a lot like Christopher Walken.
You mean Robot Randy? Where he's banished from his own planet because he doesn't want to destroy things like the other robots, so he lands on Earth and immediately enslaves Courage, Muriel, and Eustace? Yeah, he did sound a little like Chris Walken, didn't he?

Xerus

Reaction score
You mean Robot Randy? Where he's banished from his own planet because he doesn't want to destroy things like the other robots, so he lands on Earth and immediately enslaves Courage, Muriel, and Eustace? Yeah, he did sound a little like Chris Walken, didn't he?
Yes, that was the episode. All that Randy really wanted to do was carve wooden reindeer and make a wooden reindeer shop. But I don't know who really did Randy's voice though.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I didn't know Will Ryan voiced Didget. Cool, and to think I was just recently watching An American Tail on TV for the first time in years!
:cool:

I believe he also voiced the Wooly Whatsit on The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin.
:smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
I didn't know Will Ryan voiced Didget. Cool, and to think I was just recently watching An American Tail on TV for the first time in years!
:cool:

I believe he also voiced the Wooly Whatsit on The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin.
:smile:
Actually, Wooly was voiced by Pier Kohl Paquette.

Drtooth

Reaction score
SPORT GOOFY IN SOCCERMANIA: Scrooge McDuck, Gyro Gearloose, Beagle Boys

AH, so that's who it was. I prefered Alan Young's Scrooge. But then again, Will's version was a slightly different Scrooge, closer to the original comics. So it works.

And it's too bad about Gyro Gearloose in that special. He only had one line, and it was the only animated appearance the character got out side of Ducktales.