Will there be a 40th anniversary Sesame Street special?

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
I Looked at the Tivo for Tuesday Morning and I saw two episodes will air on Tuesday Morning and then be repeated right after they air making it a total of 4 Episodes in a row, with the second two being repeats of the 1st two airings

I am not sure about this and if its right but that is was I saw and its subject to change,

D'Snowth

Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

I wanted to make sure about the airings of the Season 40 premiere, and unfornutately, it looks like unlike everyone else, it's just going to air once at it's regular time on my PBS affiliate... HOWEVER, I DID get the synopsis for the episode... if you don't want to read it, then don't highlight the text below...

In the Season 40 opener, a real-estate agent wants the vacant lot where Big Bird's nest is, so he tries to convince Big Bird he should move to a warmer climate, by taking him on a virtual tour of various different warmer climates like a beach and a swamp to give Big Bird ideas of where he might like to move to.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
in reply to the above spoiler... HOWEVER... this is a bigger spoiler... unless u watch talk shows

On the jimmy kimble (yea i dont watch his show... sorry on his last name) show, Big Bird mentioned that he will be moving. And also mentioned other changes will happen

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Cough cough... the, uh, DVD in question is the anniversary collection. It really isn't a special, just airing the first episode of the season in prime time, same as they did with The Street we Live On. But I doubt anything will be "anniversary-ish" about it. I'm very disappointed no other primetime network would want to go halfsies on an SS 40th anniversary special, be it a look back or a new storyline. And it would have been something to see a new DTV special, similar to "What's the Name of that Song?"

No.. i'm not questioning the DVD... i was pasting a 2nd source stating that there is a special being aired on the 10th

"the same the day the 40th anniversary special episode airs"

On that site, it briefly mentions a special episode will air, which includes guest stars. But once again, no time is listed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For CoOKiE...

Big Bird didn't actually say he was moving, he mentioned that he lived in a vacant lot behind Gordon and Susan's house, and jokingly said "I haven't been kicked out yet".

Drtooth

Reaction score

On that site, it briefly mentions a special episode will air, which includes guest stars. But once again, no time is listed.
Honestly, I wouldn't have trusted an outsider source. We knew about the supposed prime time re-airing of season opener months ago, and we would have heard about any actual special months in advance as well. We have a lot of insiders that give us the news, while this was second hand second hand information. So there's no doubt that we're not getting a real special.

And now, I'm just wondering if it's just SW's budget problems, or it was also PBS's doing. I remember the past specials would run in prime time, especially during pledge month. Seems like the only way to get Sesame Street into a respectable prime time special now is to have Big Bird sell self help books, or Grover giving bad financial advice, or Elmo singing the biggest songs of the 1950's to get Granny's social security check for funding.

And I really can't see this as a special the way Street we Line on was. They actually paid homage to the past 35 years and the entire show, albeit in the form of Elmo's World, there's nothing about this episode that sounds like it's anything more than just another episode. But we'll soon see.