1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Will there be a Super Bowl Commercial?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by BigSPEEGS, Jan 26, 2003.

1. BigSPEEGS

BigSPEEGS New Member

So what's this I hear about a Muppety SB commercial?

-SPEEGS
  2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Sadly, there was no Muppet commercials this year...but there was a spot to the tune of the Rainbow Connection for some technology/communications company.
  3. Jaga828

Jaga828 New Member

SB Commercial

I was so disappointed that there were no actual Muppet Commercials, but when I heard "The Rainbow Connection" I was beside myself and thought 'THIS IS SO COOL!!' Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that the song was used during the hotjobs.com commercial. So at least we can have a name for another entity that appreciates the Muppets! Be Well!

-Chris
  4. JohnFranklin

JohnFranklin New Member

keep your eyes open this year. you'll be pleasently surprised.

-jf
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

Cool news. Mastercard ? :zany:

BTW this Muppet Babies TV commercial campaign starts at Easter right ? Are they going to be cheapo stock footage commercials or is something special being planned like using puppets or new animation?
  6. JohnFranklin

JohnFranklin New Member

nope. new company.

should see a press release this week. special guest star who is very 'hot' right now. think tuna.

-jf
  7. Amazing Mumford

Amazing Mumford New Member

That's awesome. Now, I'm actually excited for the Super Bowl. My guess is Bill Parcells--coach of the Dallas Cowboys and nicknamed "the Tuna." I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
  8. jediX

jediX Active Member

Unless it's Jessica Simpson.
  9. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

So is it a Muppet commercial this Super Bowl?
  10. jediX

jediX Active Member

Jessica Simpson and Muppets? lol
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

ooh, sounds interesting. What network will it be on this year?
    The Muppets with an audience of countless millions...now *this* I like!
  12. jediX

jediX Active Member

Isn't it on CBS?
  13. Amazing Mumford

Amazing Mumford New Member

Yep, it's on CBS next Sunday.

Good point. That's probably a far better guess than Bill Parcells...lol. I guess I heard "Super Bowl" and could't get my mind off the NFL--though 'hot' in quotation marks makes Jessica Simpson MUCH more likely than Bill Parcells. :o
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah it is Jessica Simpson. I just heard, the commercial is for Pizza Hut to advertise a new variety Pizza.

I hope she didn't get the Muppet chickens confused with the Penguins or there could have been all sorts of awkward problems on set!
  15. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Hmm interesting, I wonder as to when it was tape if they would later show it on that MTV newly weds? Ehh but what do I know?
  16. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I agree!
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

So its true that The Muppets will be on a commercial w/ Jessica Simpson?
  18. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Well, I'm excited! :excited: I'm not one for football, but I'll Tivo the Superbowl fer sher :flirt: just to see this!
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yes it's official - Jessica Simpson and The Muppets (featuring Miss Piggy) will be in a Superbowl commercial for Pizza Hut advertising the new '4ForAll' brand.
  20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

thanks for the scoop! Hold the phone tho...

Pizza Hut partnering up with The Muppets....but arent they also teaming up with Sesame Street? Hmmmm....and where's Bad Andy in all this?;)

Also, what's this about Fun-4-All, the folks behind variou snifty Muppet merch and the upcoming Sesame Street figures. Are you implying they will be doing some kind of merchandise promotion for Pizza Hut?

Sadly Pizza Huts dont really exist, mostly just 'small express' stores in Target's and in tumbleweed grainfields in the midwest.
    Anyways, can't wait to see this!