1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Will Walter ever appear with the Muppets again?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by BlakeConor14, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Ooh,Bean Bunny???!! Could you post the link to the interview pretty please.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  2. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

That would awesome if it's true about Bean Bunny!! I don't think I've seen him since VMX in 2002. Or he may have also made a brief or background appearance in MWoZ? I can't remember, I haven't seen that film in years.

Muppy likes this.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I think Bean showed up as a silent extra in MWoZ . . . which is pretty much what he was relegated to since MCC or so: as Steve put it, "always the victim."

4. FletchySRF3088

That's kind of surprising to me that they did that to Bean Bunny so soon after MCC, since according to Brian Henson on the MCC commentary a lot of people said Bean was their favourite character after seeing the film.

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I thought them turning Bean into the victim was something of a jab at saccharine, cutesy characters.

6. FletchySRF3088

Oh, I didn't mean the victim part. I meant I was surprised they relegated him to silent extra soon after MCC.

7. Pig's Laundry

They say they started using Bean less because Steve Whitmire started developing other characters,taking over Kermit and expanding Rizzo. But to me this explaination seems a bit odd because now Steve plays even more characters then he did in the 90s. He's taken over the Newsman,Link Hogthrob and Statler.

cahuenga, scooterfan360 and Muppy like this.
  8. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, Bean still shows up in merchandise every now and then. Guess they just struggled finding a place for him other than as the 'victim.'

9. Pig's Laundry

I think they can find a nice balance between the cute innocent one and the victim,kind of like his role on MCC.

10. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Well I think the Bean puppet is in Center of Puppetry Arts. [​IMG]

scooterfan360 and LaRanaRene like this.
  11. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

Not to sound disrespectful to your opinion, but I think that's a little unfair. That argument would make more sense for a movie, when you only have a few hours of screen time to spread around. The great thing about having a TV series is that you can have a large number of characters, because there are new episodes continually coming out each week. Look at The Muppet Show, and how many great characters they were able to explore. They were able to do that, because not every character is in every episode, allowing more time to explore more characters.

I don't think including Walter would necessarily take away from other characters.

12. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I just think they're giving time other establish characters like Deadly or Chip.

scooterfan360 and Duke Remington like this.
  13. ChickyBoy37

ChickyBoy37 Well-Known Member

I hope we see Walter soon, I felt that he played a Vital Role in the Muppets and Muppets Most Wanted

Walter and Duke Remington like this.
  14. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The fact that as of last month, Walter started putting things on Facebook again, gives me confidence that we'll see him soon.

Walter, gavry3 and Duke Remington like this.
  15. Walter

Walter Active Member

I sure hope so... :o

16. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Our prayers have been answered!

Duke Remington and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  17. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Speaking of which...

The first ever interaction between :fanatic: and Robin.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  18. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I was so glad YouTube notified me first thing this morning! Loved that video and glad Walter has not been forgotten

Duke Remington likes this.
  19. Pig's Laundry

I don't usually like to say this but since they hired Bean to be the cute one, but that video was actually really cute. I'd like to see these two together more often :).
    Also, the part at the end with Scooter was pretty funny too.

Duke Remington likes this.