Wimzies House?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The overall music may have left little to be desired, but I remember loving a lot of the songs from that show; some of the numbers they had were real toe-tappers, while others may have been more emotional, but were still sing-a-long-able.

BTW, if anyone isn't aware, I have a clip of Wimzie's House on ThemTube - actually, it's my most popular video with (last I checked) 50,000+ views, which entitled me to collect a share of revenue from it, but I turned down the offer to avoid making money off of copyrighted material, and because I no longer wish to support YT.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The overall music may have left little to be desired, but I remember loving a lot of the songs from that show; some of the numbers they had were real toe-tappers, while others may have been more emotional, but were still sing-a-long-able.
I really think that Chris Cerf should have been involved (or more involved) with the music. The stuff he did for Sesame Street and BTL was just amazing, some of it very close wonderful parodies of popular tunes... I dub him the "Weird Al" Yankovic of Sesame Street (high praise from me). In fact, the only SS CD's in my collection are Born to Add and Sesame Road.

I really think the show bugs me now because it is capable of being so much better than it was. The voice acting seemed to be flat, considering the cast did a much, MUCH better job on Arthur (and in the case of some of the actors, the amazing Samurai Pizza Cats dub). Again, I can't call it a bad show, myself. Years ago, maybe... but I have some respect for what they were trying to do. No no no... my real hate stems from stuff like New Zoo Revue (the earliest known ripoff of Sesame Street) and Bloopy's Buddy's... a horrible Barney knockoff that damaged the talent of the great Johnathan Winters, who had to dilute his wonderful material for that lame little show.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I remember back in the day the first time i heard about that lawsuit, thinking it was rather harsh and even a little desperate. The Muppets left such a mark of puppetry in terms of technique and puppet building and setting a standard - it just seemed chilling to me that someone who made a puppet that someone somewhere thought looked "Muppety" could be sued. That was one of the rare times where i just couldn't support a Henson business decision.

Now i never really watched WH, i just even knew of the show/puppets via the commercials. So even though i know of their general look, i don't know fine details. For example, i don't know what the inside of their mouths looked like. Now the Muppets had the whole thing going on which was a very brand-specific trademark of the heart-shaped tongues and the tonsils. So if someone else incorporated that specific feature in their puppet, maybe then that would be justifiable infringement. And of course if someone used the word Muppet to describe their puppets.

(And yeah, Snowth - before i knew about Steve, when you used him in your avatar i thought it was the AM Monster he was inspired by and thought it was cool to see such a rare Muppet monster used in an avatar.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For example, i don't know what the inside of their mouths looked like. Now the Muppets had the whole thing going on which was a very brand-specific trademark of the heart-shaped tongues and the tonsils. So if someone else incorporated that specific feature in their puppet, maybe then that would be justifiable infringement. And of course if someone used the word Muppet to describe their puppets.
The puppets on WH had solid black mouths inside, but like the Muppets, they too had heart-shaped tongue that were like a magenta, or a hot pink... I can't remember exactly, I'd have to look through my tapes, but I believe their tongues were carved from foam. But then again, a LOT of non-Muppet puppets have the heart-shaped tongues like that... I don't think anything else could qork quite the same.
(And yeah, Snowth - before i knew about Steve, when you used him in your avatar i thought it was the AM Monster he was inspired by and thought it was cool to see such a rare Muppet monster used in an avatar.)
Lol, in all honesty, I thought he looked like he had potential to be a character, which is why I initial built myself a slightly different version of him to just play around with, and then its like he just became my signature character, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember back in the day the first time i heard about that lawsuit, thinking it was rather harsh and even a little desperate. The Muppets left such a mark of puppetry in terms of technique and puppet building and setting a standard - it just seemed chilling to me that someone who made a puppet that someone somewhere thought looked "Muppety" could be sued. That was one of the rare times where i just couldn't support a Henson business decision.
I still wonder... did someone at Henson see this show and feel it was decidedly inferior, and fear that they'd be linked to something that didn't have a high standard of quality. It really seems like that was the case.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still wonder... did someone at Henson see this show and feel it was decidedly inferior, and fear that they'd be linked to something that didn't have a high standard of quality. It really seems like that was the case.
That's an interesting hunch; you know, that could be very well the case, but in all honesty, I really don't see how this show could be decidely inferior, as I remember it did have a bit of a following.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a shot in the dark and all, but it seems like one of the most likely cases. Of course, it's not like Henson hasn't made junk in the past... But then again, merchandise was involved as well, so it could just as easily have been that.

Honestly, I do think it's one of the sillier copyright suits... but I think the goofiest one had to have been Universal trying to sue then upstarting Nintendo (as well as Purena, who used to make cereal at the time and other licensees) over Donkey Kong. And Nintendo won mostly because Universal didn't really protect the King Kong copyright over the years.