Winter clothes for puppets?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I know it's a little early to be thinking about Christmas but I've been on that "new puppet high" the past couple days and December is almost here after all. :wink:

I really want to get Santa hats, scarves and other assorted winter attire for my puppets. Can anybody recommend a good site to get winter clothes for my puppets cheap and in the size my puppets could actually wear?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
hats and scarfs i recommend build a bear and of teddy bear clothes , depending puppet size for clothes may be tougher

Puppetainer

Reaction score
They won't be there yet but hit that $1 isle in your local Target store closer to November and you should start to at least see some Santa hats for $1. I've nabbed many a great costume item for puppets in that isle. For Halloween they had pirate hats, fireman hats, witch and wizard hats all for $1 each! Great deals.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
true but you can always buy them online.

i know some of my puppets wear a toddler size 2

if yours are around that size check thrift stores

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
depending puppet size for clothes may be tougher
Well of my two puppets one is essentially a sock with arms and the other is a larger live-hand puppet with a round head. Perhaps I should measure the live-hand puppet's head and try to make an estimate for the head size?

Puppetainer

Reaction score
I also haunt the sale racks in the childrens section of Target and Kids R Us. I've scored some AWESOME deals in there. It's a pretty easy shopping detail because I don't generally HAVE to have any of these items so I can wait till I see something that will work for me at a price I like. I rarely pay more than $2.50 for a single item or outfit. Of course you'll have to gauge your puppets to the size of clothing but again you can find some excellent deals. Also shopping "off season" is a real plus. You'll be able to pick up some premium kids Christmas duds for very little cash a week or two after Christmas!