Wocka-Wocka... He's at it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Huh... I don't really support these replica puppets... but from the side that looks great, yet at the front... *shudder* Kinda looks like a teen version of the Foz.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Just to be clear, I don't support them, either... I'm just reporting.

:stick_out_tongue:

spcglider

Reaction score
Folks,

If you feel strongly about this, as I do, I suggest that you report it. Ebay really doesn't do much other than suspend the account, which this person immediately re-instates under a different name.

But you can easily contact Sesame Workshop, The Jim Henson Company, Master Replicas (current license holder) and The Disney Company through their websites. In the case of Disney, you can simply write to tips@disneyantipiracy.com and tell them about it. If they choose to deliver a Cease and Desist order, it's up to them.

Until then, we're certain to keep seeing these unlicensed replicas.

-Gordon

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
How many times have you reported this guy to eBay?
I would humbly suggest that we let the "the guy in the $75 necktie" (i.e. Disney and eBay) handle this matter how they see fit.

spcglider

Reaction score
Kevin,

I'm not quite sure what you mean since that is not the meaning of my quote , but I can tell you that neither Disney nor eBay have the powers of omniscience. The good will of those who respect intellectual property rights is needed more often than one would expect.

For the truly curious, I've reported him to Disney's anti-piracy group, the Jim Henson Company and Sesame Workshop. I have also reported him to eBay several times. I can assure you... I found it to be no trouble at all. But I can also say that I am not the only one to do so.

And to reiterate: I have nothing against this person as an artist. Their work is exceptional and impressive. Many times over I have urged them in public and private to move away from infringing on the IP rights of others and continue creating original works. Both for the good of the individual and for the good of this forum. Since the activities continue, it is obvious that this person has concern neither for themselves nor for this community beyond making money producing unlicensed replicas.

And to further enlighten, I've ceased reporting him to eBay. Not only is the practice futile (they haven't banned him, just suspended accounts which are immediately re-established under new seller id's), it is counter-productive to seeing the practice ended. Simply, if he's on eBay, he is easily found. And should Disney or any of the others decide to take action, his own listings condemn him.

So, thanks for the concern. Things are just fine.

-Gordon

Telly

Reaction score
Maybe Master Replicas should take his selling replicas as a hint and do something more with their talents...like creating more Muppet merchandise? Maybe MR should work on smaller projects or more simple character replicas that they can handle?

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my Kermit I got from MR and I'm looking forward to Gonzo and I'm thinking of getting Animal. Maybe they should do something like give us updates? I'm just saying that if he can whip out his puppets left and right...what's taking the "official" guys LONGER? I know they want to produce top quality products, but could Gonzo's nose be causing THIS many problems?

Teenager's

Reaction score
Well...I don't think this is the thread to compare Master Replicas.

Number one if you look on the listings it says "please allow a few weeks because these are built to order" So even if you buy one the guy still has to start building and you have to wait. Its not like he has an assembly line. He makes one & takes pics of it.

Number 2, his replicas are not dead on and if you're talking about the gonzo, it only sort of looks like gonzo where as MR Definetly looks like gonzo.

All in all his are rip offs and MR is top quality and it takes time when you care about the product, and MR certainly does.

Status
Not open for further replies.