Women's Day Muppet pattern from 1969

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I posted something that I think you'd all enjoy having via my blog today...the original article from Women's Day in 1969 that contains a pattern for a small anything Muppet and a Jerry Juhl script entitled "The Purple-Necked, Black-Bearded Blatch".

I've had the pattern for years, but it was just last week I came across this file with the entire article which includes a reference to the Muppet's "new show" Sesame Street.

Enjoy!

http://puppetvision.blogspot.com/2005/08/purple-necked-black-bearded-blatch.html

Phantom

Reaction score
I've said it a jillion time...Youdaman, Buck.

I really enjoyed the recipe for stewed lamb with cabbage and sauerkraut. Mmmm...mmmm....

Blink

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I posted something that I think you'd all enjoy having via my blog today...the original article from Women's Day in 1969 that contains a pattern for a small anything Muppet and a Jerry Juhl script entitled "The Purple-Necked, Black-Bearded Blatch".

I've had the pattern for years, but it was just last week I came across this file with the entire article which includes a reference to the Muppet's "new show" Sesame Street.

Enjoy!

http://puppetvision.blogspot.com/2005/08/purple-necked-black-bearded-blatch.html
Hey!

I have the exact same article somewhere in my files. But much like you (didn't) I don't know where it is right now.

Thanks for the reminder about the article. I am now on a quest to find it. I should have a good chance since I am now starting to set up my new workshop.

Thanks again.

Iokitek

Reaction score
I'm going to print it all out and frame it! :crazy: Right now I'm just looking for nice things to hang up on the wall of my workspace. I already found a nice big Sesame Street poster with lot of characters. I hang it up for inspiration. So I just have to look around me and I can see alot of puppets everywhere.

Thanks alot Andrew! :smile:

Jinx

Reaction score
I'm sorry Buck, but "retro-cool Muppety goodness" doesn't begin to do justice to this incredible resource! I have been looking for this for longer than I care to admit!

Without question you get my vote for "coolest guy on the forum!"

A MILLION THANKS!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
COOLIO!

Buck's the best. Somebody ought to give him a kiss for this!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I am currently making a puppet using that pattern, just for kicks. I had to enlarge it on a bristol board, that was a pain. But it's actually turning out really well so far. So thank you for posting this. :smile:

That Announcer

Reaction score
Now that was entertaining. I especially enjoyed the picture of Brian at six years old. No doubt he'd find that humiliating... :smile: