WordGirl voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today’s V/A focus is that popular PBS cartoon, WordGirl, about a super girl with a knowledge of words. This non-cable cartoon has sophisticated humor, a great voice cast, and every character on this show has a unique and funny personality.

DANNAH PHIRMAN: WordGirl/Becky Botsford, Clair MacCallister, Chuck’s Mom, Edith Van Hoosinghaus
CHRIS PARNELL: Narrator, Exposition Guy
JAMES ADOMIAN: Captain Huggy Face/Bob, Additional voices
RYAN RADDATZ: Tim Botsford, Todd “Scoops” Ming
MARIA BAMFORD: Sally Botsford, Violet Heaslip, Leslie
TOM KENNY: TJ Botsford, Dr. 2-Brains, Henchman 1, Warden Chalmers
PATTON OSWALT: Tobey MacCallister
JACK D. FERRAIOLO: The Butcher
FRED STOLLER: Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy
CREE SUMMER: Granny May
JEFFREY TAMBOR: Mr. Big
PAMELA SEGALL ADLON: Eileen the Birthday Girl
AMANDA PLUMMER: Lady Redundant Woman(first voice)
GREY DELISLE: Ms.Question, Mrs. Ripley, Lady Redundant Woman(second voice)
JOHN C. McGINLEY: The Whammer
NED BELLAMY: The Coach
MIKE O’CONNELL: Big Left Hand Guy, Bill the Grocery Store Manager
LARRY MURPHY: The Amazing Rope Guy, Reporter
DARAN NORRIS: Seymour Orlando Smooth, Nocan the Contrarian
JOHN HENSON: Captain Tangent
BRIAN POSHEN: Glen Furlblam
KRISTEN SCHAAL: Victoria Best
JIM GAFFIGAN: Mr. Dudley
H. JOHN BENJAMIN: Reginald the Jeweler
WAYNE KNIGHT: Police Commissioner Watson
RON LYNCH: The Mayor
RODGER PARSONS: Interstitials Announcer
JEN COHN: Bank Teller(first voice)
STEPHANIE SHEH: Bank Teller(second voice)

It’s unknown who voiced Invisi-Bill and game show host, Beau Handsome, and his kid contestants.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It also should be kn own in the original test shorts that aired during Maya and Miguel Wanda Sykes did the voice of Granny May.

And if you ever get your hands on the Wendy's CD audiobook premium, Marc Thopson (I'm 99% sure it's him... he's uncredited- Casey Jones from TMNT 2k3 and Kid Muscle of Ultimate Muscle) does the voice of EVERYONE but Word Girl, basically impersonating every character. His TwoBrains and Chuck are actually pretty good. it's clear they went with someone non-union... though I still don't understand why they didn't just use sound clips from the actual series (as the stories are all based off of episodes)

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Rodger Parsons...Wasn't he the Original Narrator on Pokemon?

Xerus

Reaction score
Yep, Rodger Parsons did narrate the Pokemon episodes. And in WordGirl, he was that announcer who asks Captain Huggy Face to show us a word meaning at the end of the episodes. Rodger always went uncredited.

I didn't know Wanda Sykes first voiced Granny May. I'll have to look for those clips soon. I recently found a short WordGirl clip where she first meets The Butcher.

WordGirl has a cast of funny villains. I like how The Butcher always butchers the English language, The way Ms. Question always speaks in questions, Lady Redundant Woman using redundant words all the time and acting disgruntled at her job, The Whammer and his constant "WHAMS!" and I like Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy's personality too.

The good guys on that show are neat too. Violet's shy and happy personality and always gets distracted by butterflies and ponies. The way the warden always ends up eating his hat and has to keep making new hats out of food. And I like that panicky exposition guy who's always running into public buildings and people's houses shouting out an emergency never knowing which building is the police station. He's just there to get WordGirl in action.

I'm glad basic TV has a clever written show like WordGirl kids can enjoy every afternoon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy's personality too.
He somehow reminds me a little of Bushroot. Sort of like, he WANTS to be a villain, but he's not quite a villainous sort. Almost like he's almost reluctant, but unlike Bushroot, he actually seems to relish his evil standing. And whenever he gets the chance to go straight, he's completely happy and mild mannered until something stupid gets him upset. I especially liked the one where his boss refused to eat sandwiches, in a way insulting him, causing Chuck to torture him until he ate one. And THEN the boss says he loves Grilled Cheese which IS a sandwich!

The Butcher's another good one. He's... it's almost like he's just not smart enough to be a real villain, and actually asks Wordgirl for advice quite often. He's definitely Huggy's favorite villain.

Indeed the show has a wacky rouges' gallery the likes I haven't seen Powerpuff Girls went out of production.

Xerus

Reaction score
Yeah, I love that Chuck episode. The way his boss always calls him, "Guy", because that's Chuck's last name. And the way his boss just seemed very happy and cooperative being in Chuck's trap and even wants to assist Chuck with the torture.

Another favorite Chuck episode of mine was when he decided to become a new villain called The Handsome Panther which WordGirl found so ridiculous and Chuck hardly knew anything about panthers. He just saw a panther on TV and decided to become one.

Another favorite episode of mine was when Violet thought she gained superpowers and became a hero called the Framer. Putting on a funny hat and carrying around an empty frame. She closes her eyes and aims her frame at a villain, but it turns out WordGirl kept tying up the villains and Violet thinks it was her that keeps doing it. And I liked The Butcher's expression when she saw Violet doing her Framer thing.

Oh yes. I just found out H. John Benjamin voices Invisi-Bill.