Working with Frank Oz.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Tim said:

Jim would not allow or put up with that kind of ego trip from anyone he worked shoulder to shoulder with for three decades. Look how fast he got rid of Jack Burns.
Are you saying that Jack Burns got fired from writing for The Muppet Show because of attitude problems? I never knew that. Of course, Jack Burns did get hired to write The Muppet Movie.

Tim

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Are you saying that Jack Burns got fired from writing for The Muppet Show because of attitude problems? I never knew that. Of course, Jack Burns did get hired to write The Muppet Movie.
In Bernie Brillstein's incredible biography, he writes about his working relationships with his clients. In the case of Jim Henson, he spoke of how non-confrontational he was. There was some kind of problem with Jack Burns-like he thought he knew the characters better or could write better for them-whatever. During a phone conversation with Brillstein, Jim, in his own gentle way simple said "Jack Burns gives me a stomach ache.". Bernie knew exactly what he meant, said he would take care of it, a call was made and he was gone.

I would assume Jack's work on Muppet Movie was done before all this. I never saw him on the set, or doing any promotion for the film. I met David O'Dell who came in came in kind of late, so perhaps he filled in for Jack(?).

The only major contributions to the Muppets I know of is Burns named Fozzie's writer "Gags Beasly" (and "Gags" he'd used before), named Gonzo and helped establish his personality.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Tim said:
I would assume Jack's work on Muppet Movie was done before all this. I never saw him on the set, or doing any promotion for the film. I met David O'Dell who came in came in kind of late, so perhaps he filled in for Jack(?).
I thought that a movie deal wasn't made untill sometime during or after the second season. Then again, untill a few months ago I also thought that the Muppet Meeting Films began sometime in the 1960s, not 1975. And there are other things that I mistakenly thought for a long time.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Tim you worked on the Muppet movie? What did you do on it if you don't mind my asking. I also wonder if I've met you or not since I interned in the Henson workshop in NYC in 1999...

Misan

Reaction score
Frank is a good man just need to comeback and be Piggy Fozzie Animal and Sam!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Misan said:
Frank is a good man just need to comeback and be Piggy Fozzie Animal and Sam!
Well, I mean...if the guy wants to retire or do something other than Muppets for a while, that's perfectly okay, at least I think so. Yeah, we'll miss em, but frankly the man deserves a break.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Misan said:
Then in that case Dave should have retired too.
If he wanted to, I'd support it. But then who would poor Stevie have? They're so good together! And Dave's awesome! He /better/ not retire!

P.S. Clearly, I'm a hypocrite.

Misan

Reaction score
Steve will have Kevin and that too talented for his own good Bill. Besides Kevin needs more parts to say us Black puppeteers are good engough to work with Kermit.