Workshop Up In Smoke!!

Show and Tell

Reaction score
2 months ago we had a fire that started in my basement where I had my puppet workshop set up. I had several puppets in production which were ruined by smoke. Had it not been for the nylon tubing I had just installed for the icemaker on our new fridge melting and spraying water all over the fire, the whole house would have gone up like a match stick while we were sleeping upstairs. We finally found a new place to live today. It has a large garage which will be totally devoted to contructing puppets props and scenery. After 2 years of seriously considering starting a buisness in puppet building I still have the same problem. I can't seem to come up with a name for my company. I hope to be back to building by the beginning of next month.

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that fire mate!

Suggestion; why not come up with an ironic name for your puppet company?

Smoking Felt? or maybe Smoking Puppets?

ya know, something funny and firey!

Hope this finds you well.

David.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Fire is my biggest fear, I'm so sorry dor what losses you did have.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. I would of been mad and sad at the same time. I love the fire Puppets or Smokey Puppets. They sound pretty cool.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
sorry to hear about your loss. That would be everyones worst nightmare. Atleast noone was hurt.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Fire is my biggest fear, I'm so sorry dor what losses you did have.
Mostly just smoke damage. I did loose one cabinet but it was empty. The soot from the fire made the most mess because it just got on and in everything. All my foam and fabric has to be replaced. Every cabinet has to be scrubbed. Not to mention having to get everything else settled in.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
I need to check a name to see if it has been used yet, then decide if I need to register it. I tried doing a search online which came up clean.