World Champs, Baby!

ngreen522

Reaction score
THAT'S RIGHT! THE PHILLIES WIN THE PENNANT! JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE MY EXCITEMENT IN CASE ANYONE CARES TO CELEBRATE WITH ME!
GO PHILS! :excited:

Son of Enik

Reaction score
What makes it sweeter is the fact that they defeated Tampa Bay...the team that knocked the Red Sox out of the World Series, GO PHILLIES!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
THAT'S RIGHT! THE PHILLIES WIN THE PENNANT! JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE MY EXCITEMENT IN CASE ANYONE CARES TO CELEBRATE WITH ME!
GO PHILS! :excited:
Heard a bunch of people over there got arrested for stupid stuff. It's just a sports event! You didn't even win anything. The team that plays in your city did! Ughhh!

ngreen522

Reaction score
Heard a bunch of people over there got arrested for stupid stuff. It's just a sports event! You didn't even win anything. The team that plays in your city did! Ughhh!
Drink Haterade much? We can take just as much credit for the Phillies' win as the pitcher on the mound. It's the city's dedication and support that even gives the team a reason to play. This goes for all teams. Oh, and don't worry about us honey. We all got "Get out of Jail Free" cards on account of being 2008 World Series Champions of baseball, and all.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
It's great for us misplaced Philadelphians too. I only wish I could be there to share in the good vibes!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I was so excited to find out the phillies won! Maybe the "Curse of Billy Penn" has finally been broken. This was their 2nd World Series win in the 150 + years the team has existed, and the first time (not counting the Soul, the arena football team, owned (well, co-owned by Bon Jovi :flirt: won recently) won a championship game since 1980 something (I think it was the 76ers, the basket ball team)

AND WE FINALLY KICKED TAMPA BAYS BUTT!

Oh how I hate Tampa Bay :boo:

But anyways...

I thought they were gonna kill the pitcher the way the entire team piled on top of him :eek:

ngreen522

Reaction score
I was so excited to find out the phillies won! Maybe the "Curse of Billy Penn" has finally been broken. This was their 2nd World Series win in the 150 + years the team has existed, and the first time (not counting the Soul, the arena football team, owned (well, co-owned by Bon Jovi :flirt: won recently) won a championship game since 1980 something (I think it was the 76ers, the basket ball team)
Okay, I have to elaborate on this. For those that don’t know, there’s a widely spread belief that Philadlephia’s sports teams have been cursed by our founder, William Penn, whose statue sits on top of our City Hall. Once upon a time, City Hall was the tallest building in the city. When it was built, an agreement was made that no future buildings would be built taller than the William Penn statue’s hat. The first building to break that agreement was built in 1983, and since then no Philadelphia team has been able to win ANYTHING. The 76ers and the Eagles have come pretty close at times, but alas, they were never able to seal the deal. So here’s the freaky part. Last year, our new tallest building (Comcast building) was completed and a miniature William Penn statue/figurine was attached to the top as one more pathetic attempt to break “the curse”. Now, I’m not into magic spells and witchcraft. I don’t even like to joke about that stuff, so I’ve always ignored claims about “The Curse of Billy Penn”. But, I gotta tell ya, the fact that the Philadelphia Soul and the Phillies have both won Championships since we restored Billy Penn to his original glory as the tallest thing in the city, …… well it makes this whole “curse” thing seem pretty convincing …..
Pretty freaky , huh?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
When you say Bon Jovi, do you love Jon or his band/music.