World's Oldest Person dies at 115

King Jim

Reaction score
People: 24 January 2007, Wednesday.

The world's oldest person, Emiliano Mercado del Toro, has died aged 115 at his home in Puerto Rico, BBC reported.

The man became the world's oldest person last month when 116-year-old Elizabeth Bolden died in Tennessee.

Mercado del Toro had been married three times but never had children.

A woman in Connecticut, Emma Faust Tillman, who is 114, is now believed to be the oldest living person.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What about this Chinese (or maybe he was Japanese) man I read about six years ago who was (at that time) 121?

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think they meant worlds oldest living person. But you're right, the chinese live to be WAY over 100 years old. Must be something in the water or the egg rolls.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
I think they meant worlds oldest living person. But you're right, the chinese live to be WAY over 100 years old. Must be something in the water or the egg rolls.

Daniel
Well, according to our family doctor (whose Korean), it's because the Asian eat less and are more active: plus they eat more organic things (fruits, vegetables, soy, et cetera) whereas Americans eat more and are less active.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, Americans eat everything in huge portions, lol. (Not every single person of course. Just like not every single Asian is long lived, that's a generalization obviously :smile: ).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One of our local news stations did a segment last night on just that subject heralde (Americans eating larger than normal portions).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
One of my teachers once told us how other countries often think we're disgusting for eating things like hero sandwiches, lol.

But...but...they're so good!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Hero sandwiches" what are those?

But a lot of countries hate us for a lot of things, not just what we eat.