1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Worst... Elmo product...EVER

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Drtooth, May 18, 2011.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

They REALLY are fishing for stuff, aren't they...

check it out in all it's WHAT THE CRAP? HOLY HECK! glory....

I don't know what's weirder, the title or the domey shaped Elmo doll that encases it.
    JazzyAlphabet and mupcollector1 like this.
  2. Daffney

Daffney New Member

They really had to make the doll crudely made?
    JazzyAlphabet likes this.
  3. muppetsliveon

muppetsliveon Member

Failure much.
  4. Drtooth

I really don't see the point of this one. the plush casing is ugly and misshapen (they could have just used his head), and the story seems pointless (Elmo visiting Baby bear for no reason)...

and overall, even though he's not the most popular character, dome shaped books would work a LOT better with This character
  5. 123sesamestreet

123sesamestreet New Member

One word......scary....!
  6. mo

mo Well-Known Member

ELMO LOOKS LIKE A GIANT FREAKY DUCK!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  7. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Oh, come on, everybody... I think it's kinda cute. :p

Besides, in terms of failure, there is NO beating this:

[​IMG]
    JazzyAlphabet, jgidley and bandit like this.
  8. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

The plush is horrifying.

Elmo taking a "data dump" I could kind of get behind, though...
    jgidley likes this.
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Aw, come on now the plush can't be...*looks* GAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as for the USB Elmo weirdness: no comment.
  10. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

oh my god...both are just awful, let's admit it.
    but the plush...ughh...it looks like he got flattened by a Mack truck
  11. SuperGzilla12

I happened to have seen one of the plush books today at a store that's closing down. Trust me, it looks MUCH better in person.
  12. SuperGzilla12

That's not at all what I was implying with that, but eh...
  13. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

I know what you were implying but it's the position he's in that makes me think more, um, back than front if you know what i mean.
    SuperGzilla12 likes this.
  14. Drtooth

Except those are a stolen idea...

[​IMG]
    mupcollector1 likes this.
  15. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

In light of recent news, if I ever needed a laugh...I just got one from reading that, Rofl.
    bandit likes this.
  16. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, Elmo Furby. And it's not just an Elmo Furby, IT'S A BOOK! WOW! What would they think of next. lol (couldn't resist) But yeah, that is weird. No title on the plush either. Personally I would go for more of the fabricated, book sort of thing. I remember being little, I had this Ernie & Bert book that you could read in the bathtub. It kind of reminds me of that. Though the book would dry and you can bring it anywhere. But of course it would need to be cleaned from time to time. lol
    It almost looks like a Valentine's gift. Probably work better like that then say a toy / book for kids.
    But you know what was better in my opinion. Anyone remember this Big Bird doll that had a tape player under-neigh his flat tale where the mouth and eyeslids would move timed to Caroll Spinney's voice, Big Bird's Storyland or Storytime, something like that. They were animatronic dolls like Teddy Rumpskin that 80s bear that reads stories to you and you follow along with a book. I think they made a Cookie Monster and Oscar but either they were rare, never made or my parents never bothered buying them for me as a kid. lol
  17. mupcollector1

lol where can I get one. lol
  18. mupcollector1

WOW, there's more, lol For some campy humor reason, I want to get these no mater how low the flash-drive GB rate is. lol
  19. Drtooth

I saw an Appolo Creed one, actually.

I don't know if the Kinnikuman ones were the first of that group, but I remember seeing of them well before the Sesame Street ones.
  20. SuperGzilla12

If you want a REALLY ugly Elmo product, look no further than this knock-off handpuppet from China.

[​IMG]

Their Barney puppet doesn't look much better.

[​IMG]
    What's with the tounge on Elmo? Or Barney's green eyes? :o