Would Be Side B's.

Censored

Reaction score
Remember the old 45 records that had the main song on "side A" and a not-as-popular song on "side B"?

Well, if 45's still existed, which modern songs do you think would have made the Side B of the 45 records?

Well, I thought it was an interesting topic, anyway. :smile:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Wow, that is an interesting topic. Unfortunately, I don't listen to much modern music. Actually, I listen mostly to what used to be on those 45's. :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
hmmm....that's a really interesting (and fun!) question...but I can't come up with any at the moment....

I'll keep it in mind, though!

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Actually, up until very recently, I've still been buying 45's with new music on them. How it works nowadays is:

EPIC label artists have the same song, same mix, both sides, usually no picture sleeve, just a generic EPIC sleeve.

WEA label artists USUALLY have TWO hits on one record, with the B-Side strangely foreshadowing what the group's next big song is going to be. Usually no picture sleeve, generic plain white.

BMG label artists sometimes come with the same song on both sides, sometimes a different mix, sometimes a single-only song. Very Cool.
Actually, that happens with the WEA stuff sometimes, too, as some of my Madonna's 2 or 3 years ago (Don't Tell Me, Music) came with remixes or unreleased B-Sides.

A label called "Collectables" is still releasing stuff, too, mostly oldies, containing 2 hits on one disc, great for jukeboxes and easy on the wallet that way!

Sadly, as the years go by, there are fewer and fewer of these releases. As it stands, each of these is usually in a limited release of about 5000 discs TOTAL, making each purchase a collector's item immediately!!

The last one I bought was "Addicted" by A Simple Plan, and it came in a nice semi-hard cardboard glossy picture sleeve, with TWO songs on the B-side!! Nice indeed!! These just aren't happening too much anymore, though. *sigh*

Well, I'm rambling.

eric

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I went on and on so much in the last post I forgot about the original question!

I'd say 8 out of 10 of the Top 10 would be B-Sides nowadays, leaving a lot of smooth, blank vinyl on a lot of A-Sides!!!! Can you imagine the blank side being more interesting??? I can!

eric