1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Would it have been just as funny if...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Alpha Centauri, Aug 12, 2007.

1. instead of Miss Piggy falling in love of with Kermit and him rejecting her, it had been the other way around with Kermit falling in love with Miss Piggy and she rejecting him?

I'm just curious and sorry if this has been asked before:eek:

2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I think it would have been funny, just a different kind of funny.

3. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Wow, that's actually really weird to think of.

That would be funny, I think. But I still think Gonzo having a crush on her is the funniest of all.

4. janicegroupie

janicegroupie New Member

Good question. That is so hard to picture. I'm sure it would've still been funny but Kermit & Piggy would probably be quite different than we know them as. Especially Miss Piggy since her obsession with Kermit is one of her defining personality traits. Interesting to imagine though.

5. Gloat

Gloat New Member

I personally don't think it would be as funny, simply due to the individual personalities of the 2

6. Java

Java Active Member

This is hard to picture, but I really can't see it as being as humorous as it is now.

7. Yeah argee with all of you, it would be kind of funny, but not the same. But I can picture it.

Kermit: Ah, there you are Miss Piggy, my life, my love, my...
    Miss Piggy: I told you to leave me alone fliper face or else!
    Kermit: But Piggy, ( ries to puts his arms around her)
    Miss Piggy: That's it! HYAH! (karate chops him, then walks away)
    Kermit: Love hurts.

8. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh I can just picture that!

9. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

XD Dude, that is HILARIOUS!
    I could too. Maybe if I could convince Bunsen to do a lil mind switcheroo then it'd be so! XD *Skips away to bother Bunsen*

: O THAT IS FUNNY!

10. Tell me if he says yes.

11. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

That is a pretty cool thought, but it doesn't seem to work as well as Piggy being really into Kermit. Plus I think it would really change the character of Kermit quite a bit and he wouldn't be the frog we all love.

12. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

It would essentially be much the same kind of humourous interaction as between Gonzo and Piggy in the season one episode guest starring Mummenschanz.
    It could have worked all right but as pointed out it would have been totally different personalities for Piggy and Kermit.
    Of course if they had done it that way we would know and love the characters personalities as they would have been.
    I do wonder how different it would have made the ending of The Muppets Take Manhattan for one thing though.

13. OOLAGIRL

OOLAGIRL New Member

I would have laughed if miss piggy rejected kermit because it would be so random the truth is she's obsesed with him and it fits better for kermit rejecting piggy

also she kinda stalks him in a way :eek: