Would they do a storyline about death now?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Northern Calloway left the show (due to health problems) a few months before he died; the writers had already decided to have David move away to live with his grandmother, and weren't trying to cover up a death that hadn't happened yet.

AH! I always thought that was the case. Thanks for clearing that up.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Now I know the current castmembers are getting older (not to be insensitive :smile: ), but they aren't really playing the part of "old people."
Well...Bob's what, 74? I think that'd qualify.:wink: But I do see what you're getting at. There's another factor to consider. When we think "old people" there's the old stereotype of grumbling Statler and Waldorf-ish people, Grandpa Simpsons and the like, associated with bingo, applesauce and hitched up pants covering artificial hips. In reality, there are quite a few "old people" out there (like Bob!) who are of retirement age, sometimes older, who are very active.

Although death is one of the few truly universal concepts for people, some co-productions of Sesame Street approach it differently than others. Check out the commentary from Jogchem Jalink on "I'll Miss You Mr. Hooper". He's got an entry called "Being Dead Takes So Long". Check it out.

Convincing John