Would you Live In Toon Town

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have been thinking about Toon Town form the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and i have a question. Would any of you all like to live in Toon Town? Think about all the classic Cartoons you could hang out with every day, Like Bugs, Daffy, Donald, Mickey, Goofey and more. I think though that the Hanna Breabera Cartoons would also live in Toon Town, so that would really make it exiting. Think of all the different jobs you could do there in Toon Town, and really how fun would it be to work in Toon Town. Anything would be posable and nothing would be as it seemed.
I would love to live in Toon Town, What about you?

Drtooth

Reaction score
If I were a toon, I'd kill to live there. I wish such a thing were possible.

Funny thing, though. Toon Town was written to represent ethnic ghettos. And the fact that they're even called "toons" is a throwback to ethnic slurrs being acceptable at the time. The movie Roger Rabbit goes deeper than you think.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Your right, Think about the Cartoons of the 30's 40's and 50's they where very politcal and sometimes they would even show things about diffrent races. (mostly blacks)
today when you buy a "Classic Cartooon" DVD they will more then likly always have a warning about the racial things in them. Cartoons of the day did carry messages of the things that where inportaint to the people of that time period.

I personaly like the old Waner Bros. cartoons about WW 2. They had a preety good mesage, and i think it was bold of them to put there majior Toons in them (Daffy).
I also feel that they should not "ban" these cartoons that have stuff like that in them. I feel that it is a part of not only American history, but World history as well. The way the animatiors and Stuidos thought about the things going on arouind them was real, and i feel that it's what a lot of Americans felt to. If they didn't they would not have watched them and these Cartoons and the Toons themselfs would not be as popular as they are today.

this is way off topic but i dont care this is how i feel and it is my thread so :halo:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Right. Bosco and Honey and Buddy and Cookie were based on black face characters in the early days on entertainment. While The Animaniacs are based upon theses characters, they are a species called "Werner's".

But I would not want to live in Toon Town at all. That place is crazy for anyone who's not a toon to even visit.:eek:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I would TOTALLY live in Toon Town! Probably wind up marrying one....