• Kerry

Votes: 63 54.3%
  • Nadar

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jah742

Reaction score
ahnold can't be pres. i believe you have be a native (born in america) to be a pres. i know all things are passed, but i just have to get this off my chest. i saw moore's movie about two weeks before electio0n.
i admit that there may be things taken out of context, and moore is no doubt anti-bush.
but has the administration actually denied ANY of the allegations of the movie. nope. has bushy denied he was in the texas air nat'l gaurd with the bin-laden family investor? nope.
does dick cheney look like mr. waternousse from monters inc.? yes.
has bushy found the guy who actually orchestated the attacks on the wtc? no.
did bushy win because millions of americans follow our president with blind faith? yup?
do any of them REALLY know what is going on? i would hope so.
do bush and cheney, and bushy's daddy personally (their own wallets) profit when we are at war? you betcha.
good luck america. 4 more wars. oops i meant years.

McFraggle

Reaction score
jah742 said:
ahnold can't be pres. i believe you have be a native (born in america) to be a pres.
This is true, but they (the Republicans) are trying to get that changed. :attitude:

Beebers

Reaction score
Bubbadog said:
Then explain that to a friend of mine who was arrested for not signing up. I think its like a few days in jail if they get you but all the same. ALthough my friend has been to jail a lot...

...hmmm, maybe that wasn't a good example.

No one had told me they would leave you alone if you write to them though. How about that. I learn something every day.
That's hilarious, sorry, sorry but it just struck me funny. They got him because he has a pile of priors, that's why. But yes, people can work within the setup, work with these things and work things out; they just don't realize that they can. Things may not seem better these days to some but they are - I lived through the Bad Old Days of Viet Nam and the draft, when every young man was doomed and knew it the moment he turned 18 - that was fearsome fearsome stuff, believe me, to know that this was your only fate, it was terrible. Dark years. And trust me, if the draft was ever proposed again you'd see all the baby-boomers, myself and my generation, come out so hard against it their heads would spin right off. It won't happen.

:wink:

Beebers

Reaction score
jah742 said:
ahnold can't be pres.
As it stands Ahhhhhhhnold can't run for Prez but there's movement afoot to bring a bill to Congress to amend the Constitution so that he can. My own opinion is that this rule should not be changed. I think Ahhhhnold is a fine individual but the change would open the door to all manner of trouble later on with candidates who would not be so fine and might well run in order to subvert us rather than for the right reasons. It's a dangerous idea. Should it come up as a bill everyone should contact their representatives about it whether for or against, it's important stuff.

:concern:

Whatever

Reaction score
Besides, who would want someone with a name like that as our President? We'd be hit with soooo many civil rights lawsuits. Schwarzenegger, translated, means black, um, well, look at it. Schwarz= black, Negger= politically incorrect term for African-American. You can figure it out. :embarrassed:

Censored

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Dark years. And trust me, if the draft was ever proposed again you'd see all the baby-boomers, myself and my generation, come out so hard against it their heads would spin right off. It won't happen.

:wink:

Seriously, I'm not so sure about that anymore. Never underestimate the masochistic tendencies of the American people.

Censored

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
This is true, but they (the Republicans) are trying to get that changed. :attitude:

In all seriousness, I think it should be changed. I'm certainly no fan of Arnold or the Republicans, but I believe that this part of the Constitution represents a discriminatory way of thinking from the old days. I think part of the rationale for it is the belief that a non-native born American may be sympathetic to his own country in times of a war. The flaw in that argument is that directly or indirectly, we're a nation of immigrants and some native born Americans still have living relatives in other countries. The test of a person's loyalty to America should be judged on an individual basis, not generalized by geography. Besides, the chances of a non-Native born American actually being elected President are very slim. There are several unwritten requirements for being President of the U.S., such as being Caucasian, male, Christian, (usually Protestant. So far, we've only had one Catholic as president and he wasn't allowed to live out his term). It would take a lot for a naturalized American to be elected president, and if he or she was, so be it. Let's face it, an immigrant who becomes an American has to learn a lot about our system, more than the average American born here has to know. If someone can jump through all of the hoops and pass all of the tests to become an American citizen, they should have all the rights that go with it. Just my (serious) opinion.

Whatever

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Never underestimate the masochistic tendencies of the American people.
Don't worry, the Germans don't. :attitude: