X-tink-shun: A Wild Puppet X-perience

MuppetMusings

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company has partnered with the Philadelphia Zoo to create X-tink-shun: A Wild Puppet X-perience. The unique puppet exhibit will run from April 9 to October 31, 2011 at the Philadelphia Zoo. X-tinkshun tells the story of endangered species with a cast of specially created puppet characters from the Jim Henson Company. The exhibit combines live theatrical puppet presentations, performances and other interactive elements thoughout the zoo.

More information: http://muppetbalcony.blogspot.com/2011/03/philadelphia-zoo-and-jim-henson-company.html

As someone who lives in Philadelphia, I know I'll be visiting the zoo this summer to check this out. Anyone else?

Stulz

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll definitely be making a zoo trip this summer!

MuppetMusings

Reaction score
Has anyone here seen this yet?I would love to hear from anyone here who has experienced it. I'm planning a trip to the zoo next weekend, and will definitely share my opinions with everyone afterwards.

beaker

Reaction score
Terrible name, but great looking puppets and theme. This is one of those rare times the public can see real Muppets performed live and in person, so I definitely hope someone camcorders this. Also...wait a second, some of those puppets look familiar:smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
The name makes me think of totally radical surfer/skater dudes from the '80s. Or a rap album starring the Dinosaurs characters. :stick_out_tongue:

beaker

Reaction score
The name seems more like a bad 1998/1999 marketing ploy, when everything was X-TREME! But alas this is some very cool news.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I've been there to see it, and it's very entertaining. I saw Didi Dodo, Phibi Frog, Iggle Eaglet, Alfreda Cheeta, and Douc Langer.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Great Exhibit! I hope the puppets used for X-tink-shun get to be used for Season 43 of Sesame Street.

The animals were cute.