Year In Review/Year In Preview

charlietheowl

Reaction score
So it's December 30, which means that there's only one more day in 2013, so it's a good time to take stock in the year and look towards next year.

The biggest thing that happened to me this year was losing my job at the end of October. It was an unfair dismissal, and I was angry about it for awhile, but I'm using it as an opportunity to find a better job (this was a part-time job and hopefully I can find a full-time job) and one that features a better work environment. I also had a minor health scare, which turned out to be thankfully nothing, and lost a close family friend, which was hard. But, on the positive side, I spent a lot of time with friends and family, listened to lots of good new music and read lots of good new books. So in the end, it was a up and down year, which both good and bad parts.

In 2014, my biggest goals are to find a job and lose a little weight. Anything else I want to do (get my own car, get new clothes, etc.) will come off of that.

So how about you? How was your 2013? What would you like to see in 2014?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
So how about you? How was your 2013? What would you like to see in 2014?
2013 to me wasn't so bad except I feel kind of bad for not being in the 100 or higher level classes to take for college. The dowside is that I had NO job and I felt my job searching is pitiful. My Muppet merchandise, however did increase a little bit. I bought myself the first season of Fraggle Rock on DVD online, bought a Fraggle Rock DVD with some good episodes including a Cantus episode, the Muppets Take Manhattan DVD, and I got myself as much Muppet music as I can on iTunes after asking and asking nicely on a forum if anybody had the Muppet regular songs and Christmas songs... I don't want to say what they are, but I have them now.

In 2014, I would like to see myself going to see a movie called, "Muppets Most Wanted", try to ask my parents for the Muppets Most Wanted CD, find a job (I am SICK and TIRED of being jobless), do well in college and get used to 100 level classes (good thing I signed up for those already), and got to have a FR book (I am tired of waiting and waiting and I NEED that book).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, there's two more days of 2013: today, and tomorrow (that is, unless you're over the dateline, which means you're already having tomorrow).

For me, I have to say that 2013, on the whole, was considerably a whole lot better than 2012 was, but then again, odd years usually seem to be better years for me than even years (I just hope 2014 won't be anywhere near as bad as 2004 was, that was one of the worst years of my life). As far as big things for me went, there's really only two major things that have happened for me this year... well, I guess really three, but the third's a bit more personal, so I won't go into details on that, but aside from that, the two biggest things for me this year were marking an end to Steve D'Monster's YouTube series, and also the webspecial PUPPET POWER. It was pretty much past time that Steve's miniscule escapades on YouTube saw an end: the newer entries in the series never quite got the reaction that earlier entries had, and with YouTube screwing me over the way they have since the beginning of 2013, the last few entries basically went under the radar, so Steve signed off with very little fanfare. PUPPET POWER started out as a crazy idea I had early in the year, and it really turned into a labor of love, I'm quite pleased with the final results... I don't think it had as much of an impact as I had hoped (again, I blame YouTube for screwing me), but I think I was able to properly test to see if a concept like Nickelodeon's KABLAM! could work with different styles of puppetry, and I think it certainly does. So really, those are the two major accomplishments of mine this past year.

As I said, 2013 was certainly a mostly better year than 2012 was... I think the highlight of 2013, for me, was the unusual summer we had, in which, the temperatures rarely left the 80s, which is highly unusual for as, as we're usually suffering in the 90s, 100s, even 110s during the summer, so this past summer was perhaps the best we've ever had in a long time... maybe even a decade! December has been completely off though, between being sick twice, and the unseasonably warm weather we've had throughout... so, I'd say 2013 was a really good year, but kind of ended on a disappointing note.

As for 2014, I don't really know what lies ahead as far as the new year goes, but I've already been contemplating making some life changes in the year to come, but it all really depends on one really important opportunity. Either way, I pretty much kind of have the feeling that 2013 is the last year of me as I know myself, because I have the feeling I'm not going to be the same person that I was as we get into 2014.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
2013 was a great year for me. I graduated 8th grade and I joined Muppet Central for the first time and I met some nice people on here.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
2013 was great. Got to know the above-mentioned charlietheowl real well, inching closer to finishing my book, and looking forward to next summer when my best friend mokeystar flies in from the West Coast.

That and staying out of trouble. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Judging by some of the stuff I've read on Facebook, I'm guessing 2013 must have been a bad year for some people.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
2013 was pretty good to me. I got to be in a play for the first time in years and it was wonderful. And I probably had the best Christmas vacation ever. My friend and I baked cookies while listening to Muppet Christmas songs, and we introduced each other to our favorite movies, including my childhood favorite Back to the Beach with Annette Funicello. :smile:

As for 2014, as long as my Dad's surgery goes well I'll be happy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually forgot to note another pretty big deal that happened in 2013 as far as I'm concerned: it was the first time in eleven years we went on vacation.

Well... sorta. We had planned on spending a week in Nashville (technically where I was born, but I'm practically a native of Knoxville), but we were only there for like a day and a half, and after that, we came back and instead spent a day over at Dollywood - somewhere we haven't been in sixteen years (I was surprised how much I was able to remember where certain attractions and rides were).

Teheheman

Reaction score
My 2013 sucked but I DID get to travel WAY more than I did in years past. But, 2014 looks like it's shaping up to be a halfway decent year. I was contacted on Facebook to participate in a movie called 'Horror Host: The Movie' so I might be doing that, I also am going to go and try out for America's Got Talent. I'm not gonna make it but I feel like if I don't do it, then I'll just be the guy who goes and watches it saying 'I could've tried to be on that show' instead of the guy who says 'Ya know, I tried out for that show and didn't even get to see the judges. But at least I tried out'. So.......hopefully, 2014 is REALLY good to me.

Daniel

Katzi428

Reaction score
One thing I REALLY could have done without in 2013 was a couple of (unexpected ) surgeries :eek: