1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Year of the Frog Awareness Ad

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Taco Wiz, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Taco Wiz

Taco Wiz Member

2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Sounds cool to me!
  3. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I thought that was cute would enjoy seeing some more Kermit on there though.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I do like that Disney is trying to help the planet.
  5. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I think it was cute...Was it not the same kind of harmless joke he used to make on the Muppet Show?

"Frogs are endangered..."
    "Not Pigs again?"

I think now that in seperate interviews and things we can see that Kermit and Piggy do still have a good relationship, when he make those slightly snarky jokes elsewhere it's cute and just a little mean. But, hey, maybe he just still hasn't quite forgiven her.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's a froggin' good ad in my opinion!

It's fun, quick, to the point, in character and very cute. The pig joke is right on the mark especially for an ad aiming for wide appeal. The girl asked for the kiss. We fans often over think things. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this spot. :)
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Zest Wha?

I agree with Frogboy (even though his post ziffled mine :p)

First of all, Kermit's joke wasn't even aimed directly AT Piggy, but rather aimed at the semi-understood notion that "all pigs" love "all frogs", as in, "All frogs are endangered...sheesh, not by pigs again!" Which would be a little like...Joey in Friends being endangered by Blondes. Ish. Bad annalogy, there's no other relationship quite like Piggy and Kermit's to relate it too. I guess it might be kinda like Superman making a joke, "The earth's gunna be destoryed...uch, not by aliens again!" Even though he is an alien, and loves it.

Also, the kiss. If you found that to be something romantic, cheating on Piggyish, or yucky...I really don't get it. It was basically a kid planting a smooch on Kermit like every single other Sesame Street kid would want to do. Every guest star and interviewer wants to kiss Kermit, why was this one so yucky? Sure it was on the lips, but everyone seems to kiss on the lips these days as a greeting not necesserally as a romantic thing. Jullia Roberts does it in movies all the time. I can assure you with this Kermit and kid kiss...it was just a peck on the lips, there was no tounge.

The only thing out of place in this ad was how the girl bearly looked at Kermit...so dissrepectful.
  9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Erherm... While the discussion here has seemed to return to civil argumentation... Good, *nodding to Bo, g'day sirrah. I would remind everyone to please leave such for another thread. If this leads to off-topic bantering, you might wake to find said posts disapparated. Would ask that everyone keep that in mind in general in whichever thread it is you're participating, and of course, to react/reply in a manner befitting the spirit of MC.

Thank you... We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming on Kermit's appearance as Year of the Frog's spokescharacter, already in progress.
    :batty: :wisdom: :halo:
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I remember our family driving an old gas-guzzling station wagon with seatbelts permanently lodged in the cushion cracks. That was my childhood. I also remember there being a lot more litter. Also a funky fact is that there was no alcohol driving laws in Texas when I was a kid. A parent could drink a beer while driving! Crazy stuff! People say that kids are growing up without good rules or role models, but I ultimately blame the family unit. It didn't matter what other families did, ours had its own rules and we respected that. I would say these green ads aren’t just for kids – they’re for everyone’s benefit.
  12. heralde

That's very true! We shouldn't complain so much about celebrities and their examples. Ultimately, even if a kid never saw littering on TV, they'd still see their parents do it and learn from that.
  13. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

On a different subject, I am surprised that Disney hasnt made a year of the Frog pin featuring kermit, as they have with year of the Pig and Rat with Miss Piggy and Rizzo respectively.
  14. heralde

Oh thank you! Lol :)
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It just seems so needless and nit-picky. This discussion has gone from a 30 second bit on frog awareness to ending the Muppets over it. The forum really isn't a democracy - it's just friendlier than most others. Some posts in this thread have crossed lines in the forum guidelines. I remember helping to revise them once upon a time. There's a good chance some of the content referenced in all of our posts will be handled by the moderators.

Back to frogs. I used to keep frogs in my pocket as a kid. I even kissed one once. :) Sadly he didn't turn into Kermit. :sympathy:
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Okay... This thread has gone completely off-kilter into fighting just for fighting's sake. Consider this locked down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.