Year of the Frog Awareness Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I thought that was cute would enjoy seeing some more Kermit on there though.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do like that Disney is trying to help the planet.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think it was cute...Was it not the same kind of harmless joke he used to make on the Muppet Show?

"Frogs are endangered..."
"Not Pigs again?"

I think now that in seperate interviews and things we can see that Kermit and Piggy do still have a good relationship, when he make those slightly snarky jokes elsewhere it's cute and just a little mean. But, hey, maybe he just still hasn't quite forgiven her.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's a froggin' good ad in my opinion!

It's fun, quick, to the point, in character and very cute. The pig joke is right on the mark especially for an ad aiming for wide appeal. The girl asked for the kiss. We fans often over think things. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this spot. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Zest Wha?

I agree with Frogboy (even though his post ziffled mine :stick_out_tongue:)

First of all, Kermit's joke wasn't even aimed directly AT Piggy, but rather aimed at the semi-understood notion that "all pigs" love "all frogs", as in, "All frogs are endangered...sheesh, not by pigs again!" Which would be a little like...Joey in Friends being endangered by Blondes. Ish. Bad annalogy, there's no other relationship quite like Piggy and Kermit's to relate it too. I guess it might be kinda like Superman making a joke, "The earth's gunna be destoryed...uch, not by aliens again!" Even though he is an alien, and loves it.

Also, the kiss. If you found that to be something romantic, cheating on Piggyish, or yucky...I really don't get it. It was basically a kid planting a smooch on Kermit like every single other Sesame Street kid would want to do. Every guest star and interviewer wants to kiss Kermit, why was this one so yucky? Sure it was on the lips, but everyone seems to kiss on the lips these days as a greeting not necesserally as a romantic thing. Jullia Roberts does it in movies all the time. I can assure you with this Kermit and kid kiss...it was just a peck on the lips, there was no tounge.

The only thing out of place in this ad was how the girl bearly looked at Kermit...so dissrepectful.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Erherm... While the discussion here has seemed to return to civil argumentation... Good, *nodding to Bo, g'day sirrah. I would remind everyone to please leave such for another thread. If this leads to off-topic bantering, you might wake to find said posts disapparated. Would ask that everyone keep that in mind in general in whichever thread it is you're participating, and of course, to react/reply in a manner befitting the spirit of MC.

Thank you... We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming on Kermit's appearance as Year of the Frog's spokescharacter, already in progress.
:batty: :wisdom: :halo:

Status
Not open for further replies.