Yes, I LIKED KSY! (don't shoot, I beg of you)

Sidebottom

Reaction score
I haven't seen KSY, so I'm speaking based only on what I've heard.

But...

Is it actually STATED that it takes place in the late sixties? That seems awfully late, given Kermit's appearance on _Sesame Street_ and such. :confused:

Peace out, homies.
-Sidebottom

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

Pilgrim was made by the Muppet Workshop, They also make true to life animals like her.

You can see the process they go through making a true to life puppet, Jojo the Dog in The Secrets of The Muppets.

See ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
(Though if KSY is the late 60's, whats with th emodern backpacks and slight hip hop fashion in the school?)
I know! They do the same exact thing on Smallville (I don't watch it, I just saw it once). Now, this should be in the 70's at least (more like the 1920's to be exact) and they have iMacs!!!!

Personal;ly, there is a lot of hatered of this movie around here. I never take anyone's word (I like MFS) so I'll have to rent it myself!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Personally, there is a lot of hatered of this movie around here. I never take anyone's word (I like MFS) so I'll have to rent it myself!
Actually, it seems like only Jackie and myself are the only ones who don't like it (although my memory's not too good, so I could be wrong). It seems like a lot of people actually liked it.

However, they only way you're ever going to know if you like it or not is to actually watch it!

"You know know how it tastes until you try..."

:big_grin:

Jackie

Reaction score
OH yeah! I saw definitely watch it. It's the only way you'll really know. I just know that when I saw it, i didn't like it.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Jackie, perhaps the reason why we don't like KSY is because we don't believe in ourselves!

That's the meaning of life. Believing in yourself!

I believe in me!

Lu775

Reaction score
slight off topic...

Originally posted by Drtooth
I know! They do the same exact thing on Smallville (I don't watch it, I just saw it once). Now, this should be in the 70's at least (more like the 1920's to be exact) and they have iMacs!!!!
Sorry, I just have to clear this up....Smallville does not take
place in the past, it's set right here in the present. It's just
an interpetation of the Superman legend....not a retelling of
the original story.

Just had to clear that up.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Smallville is but one of many many Superman spinoffs andinterpretations that have been on tv.

Warrick: >>>You can see the process they go through making a true to life puppet, Jojo the Dog in The Secrets of The Muppets<<<

As soon as I saw Pilgrim, I remembered Secrets of the Muppets(JHH special, 1989) However, while technically its made by Muppet Workshop, I consider it in the 'Creature Shop' category because of its very realistic look. Then again back in 1989 quite a few new Muppets had a very neat Creature Shop esque organic look.

As for KSY taking place in the late 60's and the Muppets haven been around since the mid 50's...well...

It's liek this. KSY is a modern retelling or reinterpretation of a new origin of Kermit...sort of. Like in the comic book world, this sort of thing happens all the time. Look at all the Batman origin tellings(like Batman Year One for instance)

You also have to remember there are three Muppet canons:
The by the books historical account of Muppetdom from 1955 to present. What happens to the characters in the films and specials...and what the Muppets have to say on talk shows. When, say for instance Kermit is on Jay Leno or Hollywood Squares something...he ferences being a movie star, and talking about what went on in the filmaking process. In that aspect, Kermit and Piggy are not married.

When you see the Muppets on tv(talk show or game show), or in person...your seeing the 'actor' Muppets...and on film is a personifacation of who theyre playing...just like a human actor.
Ok...man this is confusing!