1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

YIKES! Where did THESE come from?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Drtooth, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

2. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Active Member

They were a part of a 12-inch plush line that was exclusively available at the UK Disney Store a few years back (circa 2007, I think). The rest of the line up included Fozzie, Gonzo, Miss Piggy, Bunsen, Beaker, Statler, Waldorf, Rizzo and Swedish Chef.

Also, Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Miss Piggy, Animal and Beaker were available in a larger size, too.

3. Drtooth

I'm hoping come movie time we'll get something with a MUCH higher quality.

Were the rest of the ones good looking, or did they all come out looking deranged?

4. dmoss

dmoss Member

I like them...I believe I've got the Fozzie in my collection... :o

5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Aww, I like the Animal one. I believe someone on Tough Pigs once described it as: "Animal just got out of the dryer" LOL :halo:

Not to put a damper on all this, but I don't want to criticize these toys too much; they are probably made by children in sweatshops for very little money.

6. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Aw, I like Animal. He's like a big pompom with eyes XD

7. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Active Member

They're a mixed bag, across the series.

Beaker is actually pretty good, and Bunsen is not bad. Rizzo is probably the worst.

There are a few of them floating around on eBay.co.uk now. I tried to post some links, but they're just showing up as text.

I have all 11. Overall, I like them -- they're not the best plush ever, but they're certainly not the worst. And at least they included characters like Bunsen, Statler and Waldorf!

8. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Yes these are uk Disney store plush minis from a few years ago.

9. Drtooth

I've been a strong opponent of lollipop head Animal for years. He has a shaggy, mussy, floppy fur, and it's not present in the merchandise like it should be. There are some examples of it getting done right, I'm just too lazy to go and look for them right now.

I'm sure the rest of the collection is great, but when it comes to Kermit, well... nothing throws the likeness off more than an odd looking mouth. They tried a LITTLE too hard to get those mouth corners, something a lot of bad Kermit's always do without. For a simple character, the likeness has to be just so, or it doesn't look right. When it comes to a Muppet plush, something so much as a nose places a couple centimeters lower can louse it up.

10. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

Wow, if you already think THOSE plushesare FREAKING, you didn´t see mine yet.
    They come from the muppets christmas movie from 2002 (when I was 5!), and I´d get them with a happy mail from MCdonalds!
    I got two piggies and they look like Lips with the face of piggy. Rully, their hair is... Fluffy.

11. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

i have all of those from the uk disney stores i agree rizzo is the worst that is he wearing waldorf was great in my opnion :sleep:

12. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Dont get me wrong, I totally agree that its horrible looking and should be of much better quality...theres just something i find oddly cute about. although Im not sure I would say that if I saw it in person

13. Drtooth

Are you referring to these?

The Europe/Australia ones are notorious for being ugly... actually, the UK set looks pretty decent, considering they're extremely small (it's hard to get a good plush likeness that small). Actually, the UK Animal looks much better than the Disney store version.

14. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I have the Gonzo from that set. He's so endearingly awful, like a blue flamingo, I had to get one.

15. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

Ah, yeah. Wow, the animal one... I WANT IT! The others look like voodoo dolls

16. Drtooth

Over all, even the German set seems to have done one thing right as opposed to the Disney Store Animal... I like how Animal's eyes aren't forcefully jutting out and going in different directions, but rather the same piece of fabric tacked down with thread, giving the illusion that there are two eyes. It gives them the right amount of bulge without jutting out of the head. That's fine for Cookie Monster and Elmo, but Animal's eyes are much more subtle.

17. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

Or-- animal just looks STONED

18. Drtooth

He looks more like he's been strangled to me.

19. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

Also that. Or as an earlier post mentioned: outta the centrifuge...