Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound puppets

muppetfan89

Reaction score
I found this picture of voice actor, Daws Butler, who provided the voice of many cartoon characters, including Yogi Bear and Hunckleberry Hound. Anyway, I found this picture of him with two puppets of his characters. I mean I know he was a puppeteer on Time for Beany, but does anyone have any info on this?

http://dawsbutler.com/graphics-daws/daws-auto.jpg

Lab Rat

Reaction score
I imagine they were used when he made personal appearances much like Clarence Nash did with his Donald Duck puppet.

Nojoy

Reaction score
What an awesome find!

One of these days I'm making a Huckleberry Hound puppet, the idea was always in the back of my head.

Teenager's

Reaction score
That's Cool!

....That would have been a good workshop/festival to go to!
Nice Article.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Daws was a friend of mine and I studied acting with him for 10 years. He had two sets of those puppets, but one set got stolen. They were made by a famous puppet builder here in Hollywood, but I can't think of his name right now.

Using the same basic understructure as Yogi, he also had an original puppet character which was a rabbit named "Posh".

:stick_out_tongue:

muppetfan89

Reaction score
Daws was a friend of mine and I studied acting with him for 10 years. He had two sets of those puppets, but one set got stolen. They were made by a famous puppet builder here in Hollywood, but I can't think of his name right now.

Using the same basic understructure as Yogi, he also had an original puppet character which was a rabbit named "Posh".

You are one lucky guy. You met 2 of my heros, Jim Henson and Daws Butler. I'm so jealous...:grouchy: ...lol. Have you ever mey Mel Blanc, who is probably the greatest voice actor ever.

wes

Reaction score
Once was Ernie, dude Your awesome! Freaking Sweet! cool

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
You are one lucky guy. You met 2 of my heros, Jim Henson and Daws Butler. I'm so jealous...:grouchy: ...lol. Have you ever mey Mel Blanc, who is probably the greatest voice actor ever.
I did meet Mel, twice. Once was at a Motion Picture Academy event that was honoring him and the other time I went to a recording session for the new Jetsons that was done in the mid-80's. I didn't really have a chance to talk to him either time, though. By the time of the Jetsons, he was having to use an oxygen tank in between takes. He was a very heavy smoker most of his life. (I'm only assuming he quit when he got to the point of needing the oxygen).