Yogi's Space Race voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today’s V/A focus is one of the most very unusual Saturday morning variety cartoon shows of the 70’s. Yogi’s Space Race. When the Star Wars fad became big, Hanna-Barbera made a show where Yogi Bear was somehow taken out of Jellystone Park and had adventures in space along with his friend Huckleberry Hound and two new sidekicks. A nervous bear named Scarebear and an insane duck named Quack-Up. The main cartoon was Space Race where Yogi and a lot of other cartoon characters raced around in funny looking rockets through weird and dangerous planets. And there was Galaxy Goof-Ups where Yogi, Huck, Scarebear, and Quack-Up became galaxy guardians trying to protect the universe, but would rather go to a space disco.(Yep, this cartoon was made in the 70’s). And the other two cartoons in this variety show were The Buford Files, another mystery solving cartoon about a sleepy bloodhound named Buford who helps two teens solve mysteries in the bayou, and the Galloping Ghost about a cowboy ghost named Nugget Nose who guards two girls who work at a dude ranch. I just wonder what they were thinking when they put together this odd but interesting cartoon series known as Yogi’s Space Race.

DAWS BUTLER: Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound
JOE BESSER: Scarebear
MEL BLANC: Quack-Up
FRANK WELKER: Jabberjaw, Buford, Nugget Nose, Captain Good, Clean Kat, Phantom Phink, Sinister Sludge, El Fabuloso
MARILYN SCHREFFLER: Wendy
PATTY PARRIS: Rita, Cindy Mae
DAVE LANDSBURG: Woody
HENRY CORDEN: Sheriff Muletrain
ROGER PELTZ: Deputy Goofer
HAL PEARY: Fenwick Fuddy
JOHN STEPHENSON: Captain Snerdley, General Blowhard
GARY OWENS: Announcer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3kPaUjFCyA

Yorick

Reaction score
Right on! The concept sounds like "Gilligan's Planet" :smile:
But I think I may have seen parts of this, and also found it pretty cool, no matter how far fetched :big_grin: