You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GREEN ACRES was always an absurd show, I'm just saying as it went on, it grew increasingly moreso.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So why is it whenever people are in a car and wild animals are involved, the people just sit there in their car and yell at the animals not to damage their car, then after they do, inevitably, damage the car (whether they break off a sideview mirror, or crack a windshield), then the people drive away and complain about the damage? I mean, why don't they just go ahead and drive away right then and there and avoid the damage altogether instead of just sitting there and yelling at the animal not to break anything? I mean, if I saw a bear was hanging on the side mirror of my car, I'd put the pedal to the metal and get the Elmo out there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I've noticed when it comes to cultural stereotypes, it seems like Italians are one group of people whose stereotypes are not only almost always so over-the-top, but that Italians themselves don't seem to ever take offense to their over-the-top stereotypes. I suppose they must be a proud people with a sense of humor who can have a laugh at their own expense. Just look at some of the common Italian stereotypes we see in fiction:

- They're always incredibly loud, always screaming and yelling at each other, and always fighting with each other.
- They're always eating. Always. Big meals, big huge meals, like their dinner tables are their own personal buffets, which also brings me to. . . .
- Italian men seems to always want to marry women who know how to cook . . . and who also have humogous butts.
- Italian mothers seem to always be potrayed as being incredibly meddlesome in their kids lives - even when they're kids are adults, they continue to smother them.

And again, I always see actual Italians getting a kick out of these stereotypes. Case in point: I posted the movie FATSO on YouTube; Dom DeLuise's insaitiable appetite aside, his family in the movie fit some of the above-mentioned stereotypes - particularly the first one - and I've seen numerous comments from people saying things like, "This is just like my family!" "This is so true to life!" "They portray Brooklyn Italians perfectly!"

Well, again, nice to know that Italians are some really fun people.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
ever notice when the news media says a certain food is bad for your health,and then months later, turn around and say that the same food that they said that was bad for your health is good for your health ? I'm like would you make up your freaking mind ! is it good or bad geez !

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Reminds me of a time when the media brought up how maruijanna raises blood pressure.

No. It's been proven that it actually lowers your blood pressure, at least with Indica. Sativa however I think might jack it up but not to a serious condition.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also forgot to mention in my previous post that part of my observation about Italians and their stereotypes is how Chris Savino invokes a lot of these stereotypes into his cartoons. THE LOUD HOUSE aside, I remember there was a pilot he did for Cartoon Network that didn't make it to series called FOE PAWS, where a cat and a dog are adopted by the most caricatured stereotypical Italian mother you can imagine: short, stout, loud, obnoxious, smothers the pets like they're human children, sings and plays the accordion.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So there's a meme floating around Facebook right now about Donald Duck and his nephews being cannibals for eating Thanksgiving turkey, but when you think about it, there's a lot of cannibalism that goes on amongs cartoon animals: how many time have we seen Heffer eating hamburgers or steaks or any other beef products?

And then this entry from my favorite webcomic pokes fun at it with this fake rib fest poster:
http://idget.keenspace.com/d/20120528.html

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think I've seen that meme.

Reminds me of the drawing with Big Bird cooked as a turkey.