You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You must be one of those conspiracy theorists! I mean, why would you just jump to such a silly conclusion like that for seemingly no reason? What's going here? What's your agenda? You're up to something!
"You're paranoid".
"Why?! Who told you that??!!"

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Ever notice how in alot of 80's movies or TV shows from/set in the 80's (*cough* Stranger Things), when it comes to the appearance of punk teenage bad boys, they almost always seem to have frosted hair?
That was the look. I lived through this in high school and college.
Plus the punks had to have a bandanna tied to their legs.

But the two most embarrassing 80's fashion statements were:
1) parachute pants
2) mullets
I never had parachute pants, but the mullet was one of the few regrets in my life. Looking back on 80's pictures now makes me cringe.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Did you frost your hair, fuzzy?
No, I never frosted it, but I did have several perms.
Went to the salon (being the only guy in there) and had my hair chemically curled.
Check out on YouTube "Sister Christian" by the band Night Ranger. Perm-o-Rama!
You couldn't wash your hair for two days, and the chemicals STUNK!!!

Then after perms came the mullet, in the 90's kids morphed the mullet into the rat tail.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The only cool thing about having a perm, I had a pick comb (what black people used on Afros), I could jam it in the top of my head, and it would stay lodged there all day.

Greg Brady, eat your heart out!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Ever notice in SpongeBob how Krabby patties seem to have every type of burger topping on them (except for mayo, bacon, fried eggs, etc.) yet half the time, it just looks like bun, patty, lettuce and bun?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because animators don't want to have to draw all those painstaking little details over and over and over again all the time.

snichols1973

Reaction score
So I've noticed when it comes to cultural stereotypes, it seems like Italians are one group of people whose stereotypes are not only almost always so over-the-top, but that Italians themselves don't seem to ever take offense to their over-the-top stereotypes. I suppose they must be a proud people with a sense of humor who can have a laugh at their own expense. Just look at some of the common Italian stereotypes we see in fiction:

- They're always incredibly loud, always screaming and yelling at each other, and always fighting with each other.
- They're always eating. Always. Big meals, big huge meals, like their dinner tables are their own personal buffets, which also brings me to. . . .
- Italian men seems to always want to marry women who know how to cook . . . and who also have humogous butts.
- Italian mothers seem to always be potrayed as being incredibly meddlesome in their kids lives - even when they're kids are adults, they continue to smother them.

And again, I always see actual Italians getting a kick out of these stereotypes. Case in point: I posted the movie FATSO on YouTube; Dom DeLuise's insaitiable appetite aside, his family in the movie fit some of the above-mentioned stereotypes - particularly the first one - and I've seen numerous comments from people saying things like, "This is just like my family!" "This is so true to life!" "They portray Brooklyn Italians perfectly!"

Well, again, nice to know that Italians are some really fun people.