You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ever notice everybody seems to wear oversized tobaggons way on the back of their heads now?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score

I had to reread that because at first I was like...why are people wearing sleds on their heads?

Then I remembered in the south a specific kind of hat is called a toboggan.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, for some reason, the rest of the country started calling them beanies, but beanies are those hats with the little propellors on them.

Similarly, some people call the kind of cap I wear a beanie or a skull cap, but a skull cap is kinda like a do-rag that white motorcyclists wear.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got into SEINFELD late in the show's run, so I've never been too particularly fond of the early episodes, but I've been having to digitally preserve a bunch of stuff on my mom's DVR because she wants to get a new one, and I've kinda noticed something... is it just me, or does Elaine look like an eskimo in the early seasons?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just recently watched the season two finale and season three premiere of The Wonder Years, and noticed a continuity error between the two episodes (of course, I think this is the first time I saw the whole season two finale, as opposed to bits and pieces).

In the season two finale, Paul announces that his family is spending the whole summer (okay, the first day of no school until Labor Day) away, and at another point it's said that the family can't go on vacation this summer. But then in the next episode, Paul travels with the family on vacation.

The Wonder Years isn't a show with negative continuity. The episodes aired back-to-back, both in the same summer. The season three finale mentions that Winnie's parents had just gotten divorced/separated which was announced in the previous episode. The fact that the family wasn't going on a summer vacation didn't need to be brought up in the season two finale (unless it was to emphasize Kevin having a bad summer) as it wasn't a major plot point. They never show Paul's family canceling their trip or just leaving Paul home for the summer. The season three premiere doesn't mention anything about how Paul was going to spend the summer away (or that they weren't going to go on vacation but then did).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've noticed another rising trend gimmick in television lately: whenever a cast member from a previously successful series later has a moderately successful series of his/her own many years later, and a "special episode" happens where one of the other cast members from the previously successful series makes an awkward guest appearance in the newer moderately successful series... like when Ray Romano made a guest appearance on Patricia Heaton's show that I don't know the name of because almost all current shows that ripoff THE OFFICE look the same to me, or now more recently, Matthew Perry is dropping in on Courteney Cox's COUGAR TOWN. I'm pretty sure there's other times this has happened, but I can't quite remember any others at the moment.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've noticed another rising trend gimmick in television lately: whenever a cast member from a previously successful series later has a moderately successful series of his/her own many years later, and a "special episode" happens where one of the other cast members from the previously successful series makes an awkward guest appearance in the newer moderately successful series... like when Ray Romano made a guest appearance on Patricia Heaton's show that I don't know the name of because almost all current shows that ripoff THE OFFICE look the same to me, or now more recently, Matthew Perry is dropping in on Courteney Cox's COUGAR TOWN. I'm pretty sure there's other times this has happened, but I can't quite remember any others at the moment.
That's really that recent, but it's a real difference from the forced cameos from other characters on previous spinoff shows. I just can't think of many other examples, though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, what's the deal with all these websites offering to check your credit score, but don't require your credit card number? I mean, yeah, using your credit card number on the internet is a pretty stupid thing to do anyway, but I don't understand how a website can check your credit score without a credit card number... that's kind of like how can a doctor check on your medical history without your medical chart? How can someone mail you a package without your address? How can someone call you without your phone number?

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure these credit score sites are scams anyway, I just find it illogical that you can check your credit score without your credit card number.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
So, what's the deal with all these websites offering to check your credit score, but don't require your credit card number? I mean, yeah, using your credit card number on the internet is a pretty stupid thing to do anyway, but I don't understand how a website can check your credit score without a credit card number... that's kind of like how can a doctor check on your medical history without your medical chart? How can someone mail you a package without your address? How can someone call you without your phone number?

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure these credit score sites are scams anyway, I just find it illogical that you can check your credit score without your credit card number.
I don't understand these sites at all either. Unless by credit check they just ask you vague questions like "do you pay all your bills at once or in installments" and then generate an estimate, I have no idea how they would give you a score.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have to admit, it really bothers me how there's no consistency to TV sets, as far as exteriors and interiors go... SEINFELD is a really big offender of this: the hallway of the 5th floor doesn't even match the unusual layout of Jerry's apartment, but take a look at the Costanzas' condo: from the outside, it appears they live in the unit on the left, but inside, they clearly live in the unit on the right... and there's no way their kitchen can be where it is, because that would be in the other unit.