You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can see why. There's probably a LOT of infighting on that one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's why I kept suggesting if it was going to be launched (which apparently it wasn't), that it would need to be a YMMV rather than an actual trope, because it's nature was subjective.

I honestly think it could have worked, but what do I know?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know I keep saying that almost everything on TV today is a carbon-copy of THE OFFICE, but you know what I keep seeing on almost everything on TV today? Foresomes who keep hanging out at bars. It's almost kind of like taking one aspect of SEINFELD (when Jerry, George, Kramer, and Elaine are seen at the coffee shop) and that's now like the basic premise of TV shows today.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In two episodes of The Muppet Show, there's a group of full-body clowns, but both of their scenes feature black backgrounds. What's the deal with only putting those clowns in front of black backgrounds? They're costumed characters, they don't require the performers to dress in black and hide themselves. Though their second appearance did involve performers to dress in black, but for a different character.

And both appearances by the clowns were for sad-sounding numbers that had to do with clowns or the circus. Maybe the sad nature of the songs was the reason for the black background, but I'm sure those clowns could have been used for some livlier numbers (I think the Shields and Yarnell episode features a rendition of "Make 'em Laugh", that sounds like a good opportunity to use clowns).

And when it comes to full-body characters on The Muppet Show, it seems like each of the monsters (okay, not the one from Doug Henning's act) were in quite a few episodes, but all other full-body characters appear in relatively few episodes (okay, maybe all the monsters weren't that major, but compared to these characters they were used a lot). Fletcher Bird, Betsy Bird, the bird dancers, the spider, the lion, the giant pig....

Drtooth

Reaction score
How come the term"extraordinary" means something extremely fantastic and out of the ordinary when adding the word "Extra" to "Ordinary" makes it sound like something extremely ordinary, and therefore not what extraordinary actually means?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kristen Bell has nice arms.

I'm usually a leg man myself, but yeah.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's funny how it seems as if at almost every forum that caters to fans of certain entertainment franchises that are, for the most part, aimed at children, there always seems to be one weirdo at these forums who's usually fascinated or obsessed with all things macabre, gore, acid-trippy, and just straight-up morbid.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's two things that bugged me today.

First up... Dragon Ball Kai's new season. It was supposedly developed for foreign consumption and Japan wasn't supposed to get the series. So naturally news comes that Japan will premiere the series and Funimation has no current plans to dub and release the series in English.

Say wha?

Also... The video game based on the cartoon of Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures. The game makes multiple references to the cartoon, specific call backs as very important plot points, and overall ties into the show. So naturally, they have different actors playing every character. Because the Canadian actors from the show proper were too expensive to record dialog.

Really?!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For the last few days I've heard a song called Satisfied by Richard Marx on the radio, and to me the music for that sounds very similar to The Jim Henson Hour theme song. It's probably a coincidence, since both came out in 1989, but it is interesting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And where do people get the idea that Heffer from ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE is gay? I've honestly never seen any indication or implications from that show that even remotely suggest that he is.
Actually, after watching Season Four on DVD, I think I can kind of see why people have gotten the idea that Heffer is Ambiguously Gay: he seems to like to hug Rocko a little too much, as well as seems so emotionally moved by things Rocko does or says... such as the S.W.A.K. episode, where Heffer reads the love letter Rocko wrote to his mailwoman: Rocko only addresses the letter to his "Mailcarrier", which Heffer was actually doing at the time, so Heffer seems to think the love letter is actually for him, hugging Rocko, and saying, "I think you're special too." Then, of course, there's "Yarnbenders" where in their fairy tale, Heffer is eventually transformed into a princess named CinderHeffer, and he and Prince Rocko are later married in the end. As for Filburt as well, there's that whole, tired, "They argue like an old married couple" stigma that often gets placed on two male characters like that: Ernie and Bert, Shredder and Krang, among others.

But yeah.