You may be an 80's child if...

lael

Reaction score
I miss Saturday morning cartoons. I remember:

~ Rockin Wrestling!!! (I <3 Roddy Roddy Pipper!!! the best!!!)
~ Hello Kitty
~ Pac Man
~ The Monchichi's (way up in the trees live the monchichi's/means happiness!)
~ Inspector Gadget
~ Richie Rich
~ The Muppet Babies
~ The Popples!!! (I had 2 of them)
~ The Littles (I saw them last week on some odd channel @ 3:30 am)
~ Kissyfur
~ Poochie!
~ Garfield & Friends
~ Punky Brewster & Glomer (Punky Power!!!)
~ Donkey Kong (Jr.)
~ Panda-modium
~ Dungeons & Dragons
~ Paw Paws
~ Dink, The Little Dinosaur
~ Gummie Bears! (love(d) this show!!! looking for it on dvd)
~ G.I Joe (THE greatest American Hero)
~ Droids
~ ALF (b/c there ain't no one like him in the Malmacian race)
~ Rainbow Brite
~ Pole Position
~ The Karate kid
~ Captain Caveman (& son)
~ Strawberry Shortcake
~ Pound Puppies
~ Heathcliff
~ The Dukes (ya know, of Hazard)
~ Fraggle Rock (both animated & the show)
~ Flintstone Kids
~ He Man (and yes, we all had The Power!)
~ She-Ra, The Princess of Power (He-Mans cousin from another planet, or something)
~ Ducktails
~ Transformers (remember, toys that took hours to transform)
~ Rubix, The Amazing Cube! (yes, a cartoon about the little puzzle box)
~ Qbert (again, a cartoon about an arcade game, I liked the snakes)
~ Ghostbusters
~ Snorks
~ M.A.S.K. (Mobil Armoured Strike Kommand "Illusion is the ultimate weapon")
~ Thundercats
~ Godzilla
~ The Silver Hawks
~ Robotech
~ Jem
~ Denver, The Last Dinosaur
~ Voltron
~ The Adventures of The Get Along Gang
~ The little Prince
~ Super Friends
~ The Mysterious Cities of Gold (love(d) this show & looking for the dvd)
~ The Ewoks
~ Astro & The Space Mutts
~ The Trollkins! (Hill-billy trolls, I loved it!)
~ David the Gnome (I think he's in tourism now)
~ Count Duckula (I have videos!)
~ Danger Mouse (again, I have videos!)
~ Thundar, The Barbarian (comets are bad)
~ Beetlejuice
~ Super Mario Brothers
~ Alvin & The Chipmunks
~ Dinosaucers
~ The Wuzzles (bumblelion, butterbear, hoppopotomus, rhinokey... they all had wings)
~ V (I think that was a cartoon for a short while, remember V-with the lizard aliens that ate gerbils & such?) tell me if I'm wrong.
~ Anything on USA's Cartoon Express!!!

I took my cartoons very seriously. Saturday mornings were my (& my brother's) time, that and after school til 5 when the news came on. Then it was grownup time. we could watch, but didn't care for it. I did like Trapper John, MD, Knotts Landing, Dallas, Falconcrest & Dynasty. I also watched USA's UP All Night with Rhonda Schear & Gilbert Godfried when I couldn't sleep at night. I remember Night Tracks too. WOW. now that was memory lane.

lael

Reaction score
The Blue Falcon & Dynomutt, The Dog Blunder!

lael

Reaction score
The 80's produced a lot of Molly Ringwald fans. & M.J. Fox or Alex P Keaton. Oh yeah and everyone in the 'brat pack'.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Family Guy did a funny parody of Back to the Future last night, in which Peter goes back to the 80s and tries to get Lois to fall in love with him instead of Quagmire. There was also a cameo from Roger the alien of American Dad.

dabauckham

Reaction score
Going back to the He-Man figures collection,

Did anyone have Battle-Punch He-Man? He was loaded with caps, and you'd snap his waist back for a bang. I loved him as a kid!

I also had the Lion-O and Mumra (sorry if I misspelled that) action figures from Thundercats where you could make their eyes light up with a little gizmo and also push a lever on their backs to make their arms move. Fun memories.... Anyone else have those?

muppet baby

Reaction score
i totally remeber all of those things and yes i hate to say i am now starting to say "remember when " oh man he he i did have a banna clip and so did my mom he he .
i also had a buch of the slap braceletts , actually had ever thing on the list .:smile: and proud of it i loved the 80s

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know what you mean, Michelle by staring to say "remember when". I never though I would be saying things like that, but I find myself saying it more and more ofter. I makes me start to feel like I'm getting up there.

lael

Reaction score
Going back to the He-Man figures collection,

Did anyone have Battle-Punch He-Man? He was loaded with caps, and you'd snap his waist back for a bang. I loved him as a kid!

~ I had that He-Man. One of my toy box's in the playroom was filled with He-Man stuff. My mom took away my slime pit b/c I spilled [not so much spilled as dropped] on the carpet. That stuff, not so easy to clean. My favs were Whiplash & Teelah. Whiplash because he had a long tail & could take out a whole gang of Care Bears & thier cousins when you twisted his waist & let go. Castle Gray Skull was constantly being overrun with those pesky Care Bears. & Teelah because she just looked cool with the cobra hood helmet thing & the cobra staff. Beast-Man scurred me a lil, & I would venture to say, still does. :eek: What was He-man's lions name when he got THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL in him? I know his scurrdy cat name is Cringer.

I also had the Lion-O and Mumra (sorry if I misspelled that) action figures from Thundercats where you could make their eyes light up with a little gizmo and also push a lever on their backs to make their arms move. Fun memories.... Anyone else have those?

~ Yeah, Cheetara's legs kicked.. or ran, I suppose. I loved Meowth. or was it Snarf? no it was Snarf. Meowth is Pokemon.
~ curious ~

Beakerfan

Reaction score
THUNDERCATS ACTION FIGURES? I had no idea they existed! Awesome!

lael

Reaction score
I didn't like their tank thing with the claws in the front. I do have a Thundercat belt buckle that I adore!