You might be an insane author if...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
What? You mean you don't?

Gosh! I work out my major plot points, by sitting characters in a room (on paper) then writing:

Character1: So, what is the purpose of our story?
Chracter2: ...

And so on...I thought everyone did...
oh see my trouble is that I forget to take that part out of the story.
luckily none of my stories are written down so no one ever knows about it!

character:psst. you just told them.

oh... oops.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*snort* *laughter*

Oh, Lisa, you are TOO funny!

RedDragon

Reaction score
You might be an insane author if...
You name your pets or children after your favorite characters(Not me).
The smallest daily event inspires your writing creativity.
If you think how it would be cool if your characters were real life people.

superfan

Reaction score
Okay, so what if you ACT out your story (playing the main character) when noone's around...?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Hey, I do that!

...<blink>...

<cough> I mean... um... I'll just uh... go... write my uh... English... paper... <cough>

MrsPepper

Reaction score
...If you collect notebooks but are almost afraid to use them because the pages are so clean and white.

I don't know if this is just me, or if authors do it too. I don't consider myself an author, as it's definately not what I do best. But I collect notebooks... **is embarassed**

RedDragon

Reaction score
superfan said:
Okay, so what if you ACT out your story (playing the main character) when noone's around...?
Yes, I think that fits the mold we're making very well. But for me, I think I'll stick with the story abyss that lies in the back of my mind. I think I might just go swimming there now.*Read sig. line*

And MP, and don't think of myself as a good writer at all, in fact I think I suck. But I write so I won't lose my stories and because I think it's fun. That is why I don't let people read my stories thou. They are for me and me alone.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I collect notebooks... **is embarassed**
How do you think I got started? Seriously, at the beginning of the summer, if you took a look around my room, I had PLENTY of empty notebooks. I've got one that's so big looks like a text book, it's almost completely empty, and has been for years. And then one day I started typing... and then I realized that if I wrote it, it became portable... and now I'm running out of notebooks...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm not the only one. :big_grin: My problem is, I never finish them. I've finished one notebook in my life, which took me 2 years. I'm almost done another, and it's taken me 1 and a half years. It'll be two by the time I finish! So I get nervous to start a new one since not finishing them is such a shame.

superfan

Reaction score
And of course when you have all that fresh paper ready you only want to use the front sides of the paper...and THEN you plan on "Okay, I'm going to write real neat and consistent from this point on..."
I go from writing, to printing to a blend of both until it's barely readable.
And black ink is best.
Am I the only one? (please say no, please say no!) :wink: