your 2006 henson dvd predictions

minor muppetz

Reaction score
let's start a thread for your predictions on what you think would be released on DVD next year (not what you already know). not what you want, but what you think. there won't be any prizes awarded for guessing correctly, but there will be what you guessed. anyway, here are my guesses.

from disney:
the muppet show: seasons 2 and 3
muppets tonight (at least the first season, if not both)
at least four bear in the big blue house releases
either the muppet movie or great muppet caper re-releases
at least one special
at least one muppet babies release 9either a complete season or single disc)

from sesame workshop/ sony wonder:
at least three elmos world DVDs
at least four dvd releases of previously-released videos (my guesses: getting ready to read, getting ready for school, the best of ernie and bert, and sing-along earth songs)
at least three new made-to-video productions

from henson/ hit:
fraggle rock seasons 2 and 3
at least 3 single-disc fraggle rock videos (including one with all-gorg-centered episodes)
at least 1 mother goose stories dvd
a u.s. release of the Dog City special (and a few volumes of the series)

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
let's start a thread for your predictions on what you think would be released on DVD next year (not what you already know). not what you want, but what you think. there won't be any prizes awarded for guessing correctly, but there will be what you guessed. anyway, here are my guesses.

from disney:
at least one special

at least four dvd releases of previously-released videos (my guesses: getting ready to read, getting ready for school, the best of ernie and bert, and sing-along earth songs)

from henson/ hit:
at least 3 single-disc fraggle rock videos (including one with all-gorg-centered episodes)

your asking alot lol

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
from HIT:

Ghost of Faffner Hall: Complete Series
Mother Goose Stories: Complete Series
Secret Life of Toys: Complete Series
Animal Show: Seasons 1, 2, & 3
US Release of Mopatop's Shop: Season 1

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
your asking alot lol
Actually, I am asking about what i think is going to be released next year, not what i hope gets released. i am probably wrong about at least one of my guesses.

If the release was for what I hoped to see released, i would list them in the "DVD Wishes" thread, not start one like this. also, if it was what I hoped for, i wouldn't have included bear in the big blue house DVDs, or elmos world DVDs, i would have included little muppet monsters: the complete series, and i would have included complete series for the animated fraggle rock, the ghost of faffner hall, and the first season of dinosaurs. I would have also mentioned a re-release of the play-along videos and the compilation videos from 1985.

unless, of course, by "asking a lot" you mean starting a lot or threads or posting in a lot. of course, many of the threads i started haven't been answered yet.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i was just marvling at the list a man could go broke with all those dvds

minor muppetz

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
well, it was just confirmed that both of these are planned to be re-released soon, along with special editions of The Muppet Christmas carol abd Muppet Treasure Island. The official release date hasn't been announced yet, so it could be this year, but I would assume they will be released in 2006. of course, we wont know if that prediction is correct untill they are released.

McFraggle

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
well, it was just confirmed that both of these are planned to be re-released soon, along with special editions of The Muppet Christmas carol abd Muppet Treasure Island. The official release date hasn't been announced yet, so it could be this year, but I would assume they will be released in 2006. of course, we wont know if that prediction is correct untill they are released.
I would guess that as well. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
UltimateDisney.com says November, I believe, for TMM, GMC, MCC, and TMI rereleases.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
from disney:
at least one special
Well, the muppet movie and the great muppet caper are being re-released this year, so I'm wrong on it being rereleased next year (unless Disney wants to surprise us with a special 2-disc special edition so soon after this collectors edition coems out).

minor muppetz said:
Well, I know of at least one Elmo's World release for next year, and I knwo of upcoming DVD releases for three new Sesame Street videos.

minor muppetz said:
from henson/ hit:
It's been confirmed that there will be at least oen single-disc Fraggle Rock release next year.

Luke

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
from disney:
I think by asking a lot he meant you are actually listing a heck of a lot for one year. There's not really much chance of them releasing both seasons 2 and 3 of TMS because it is the kinda show that takes a lot to put together on DVD and takes a while to sell through. I think we'll see one season a year - and Brian Henson has already said that he thought Muppets Tonight on DVD will only be an option for Disney after they have released ALL seasons of TMS.

Also for the person who thought we'd see Moppatops Shop Season 1, i don't think they ever actually had "seasons" of it, it was more a continuously running show that had a lot of episodes. It would be nice to see it on DVD though. I'm not actually aware there has ever been a listing of all the Moppatop episodes or any guide to the background Muppets that appeared, which is a shame. It was a good show.