1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

your 2006 henson dvd predictions

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by minor muppetz, Jun 25, 2005.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

let's start a thread for your predictions on what you think would be released on DVD next year (not what you already know). not what you want, but what you think. there won't be any prizes awarded for guessing correctly, but there will be what you guessed. anyway, here are my guesses.

from disney:
    the muppet show: seasons 2 and 3
    muppets tonight (at least the first season, if not both)
    at least four bear in the big blue house releases
    either the muppet movie or great muppet caper re-releases
    at least one special
    at least one muppet babies release 9either a complete season or single disc)

from sesame workshop/ sony wonder:
    at least three elmos world DVDs
    at least four dvd releases of previously-released videos (my guesses: getting ready to read, getting ready for school, the best of ernie and bert, and sing-along earth songs)
    at least three new made-to-video productions

from henson/ hit:
    fraggle rock seasons 2 and 3
    at least 3 single-disc fraggle rock videos (including one with all-gorg-centered episodes)
    at least 1 mother goose stories dvd
    a u.s. release of the Dog City special (and a few volumes of the series)
  2. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

your asking alot lol
  3. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

from HIT:

Ghost of Faffner Hall: Complete Series
    Mother Goose Stories: Complete Series
    Secret Life of Toys: Complete Series
    Animal Show: Seasons 1, 2, & 3
    US Release of Mopatop's Shop: Season 1
  4. minor muppetz

Actually, I am asking about what i think is going to be released next year, not what i hope gets released. i am probably wrong about at least one of my guesses.

If the release was for what I hoped to see released, i would list them in the "DVD Wishes" thread, not start one like this. also, if it was what I hoped for, i wouldn't have included bear in the big blue house DVDs, or elmos world DVDs, i would have included little muppet monsters: the complete series, and i would have included complete series for the animated fraggle rock, the ghost of faffner hall, and the first season of dinosaurs. I would have also mentioned a re-release of the play-along videos and the compilation videos from 1985.

unless, of course, by "asking a lot" you mean starting a lot or threads or posting in a lot. of course, many of the threads i started haven't been answered yet.
  5. Kimp the Shrimp

i was just marvling at the list a man could go broke with all those dvds
  6. minor muppetz

well, it was just confirmed that both of these are planned to be re-released soon, along with special editions of The Muppet Christmas carol abd Muppet Treasure Island. The official release date hasn't been announced yet, so it could be this year, but I would assume they will be released in 2006. of course, we wont know if that prediction is correct untill they are released.
  7. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I would guess that as well. :)
  8. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

UltimateDisney.com says November, I believe, for TMM, GMC, MCC, and TMI rereleases.
  9. minor muppetz

Well, the muppet movie and the great muppet caper are being re-released this year, so I'm wrong on it being rereleased next year (unless Disney wants to surprise us with a special 2-disc special edition so soon after this collectors edition coems out).

Well, I know of at least one Elmo's World release for next year, and I knwo of upcoming DVD releases for three new Sesame Street videos.

It's been confirmed that there will be at least oen single-disc Fraggle Rock release next year.
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think by asking a lot he meant you are actually listing a heck of a lot for one year. There's not really much chance of them releasing both seasons 2 and 3 of TMS because it is the kinda show that takes a lot to put together on DVD and takes a while to sell through. I think we'll see one season a year - and Brian Henson has already said that he thought Muppets Tonight on DVD will only be an option for Disney after they have released ALL seasons of TMS.

Also for the person who thought we'd see Moppatops Shop Season 1, i don't think they ever actually had "seasons" of it, it was more a continuously running show that had a lot of episodes. It would be nice to see it on DVD though. I'm not actually aware there has ever been a listing of all the Moppatop episodes or any guide to the background Muppets that appeared, which is a shame. It was a good show.
  11. minor muppetz

Well, then I think it would be more appropiate to say that I am predicting a lot for one year, not asking.

At the time that I wrote this, Brian Henson didn't say that Muppets Tonight! would most likely be released on DVD after every season of The Muppet Show. He said it in an interview a few months later, but not at the time, and I don't see why they should wait. After all, Muppets Tonight is a seperate series, not a season 6 (or season 7, if you count The Jim Henson Hour as season 6).
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Oh i didn't see you wrote that originally back in June. The reason why they'll wait for Muppets Tonight is a) they'll want to see how well TMS sells on DVD before committing to anything else and b) they won't wanna overload the market with Muppet DVD's because if they did that peoples wallets and interests would only stretch so far and stuff wouldn't sell so well.
  13. minor muppetz

In a way, I agree with some of Lukes points, but then I also don't.

It might be good to not release too many Muppet DVDs at once, but it would also be good to release more than just a season set and possibly other things that might be expected (like a movie re-release or a release of a christmas special). I'm not saying that Disney should have Muppet releases like when Disney ahd the video rights in 1993 and several muppet videos were released at once. But I do think it would be good if we got plenty in one year, maybe one or two every few months.

It would be great if Disney would release stuff that casual fans probably wouldn't have thought to ask for, like some specials. It's okay if Disney wants to release a special on DVD in a one disc set with no other specials included.

Also, my list included predictions for releases from a few different companies, so there could be several releases in one year without them all being from the same company. Disney could release some, Hit! could release some, and Sony Wonder could release some sesame Street content. Every year Sony Wonder releases quite a few Sesame Street DVDs, including DVD releases of older specials that have been released on video, specials or even episodes of the show that haven't been previously availible on video, all new video productions, and Elmo's World segments.
  14. minor muppetz

what's been correct

Well, so far, I've correctly guessed that there would be three new Sesame Street DVDs (the two Sesame Beginnings DVDs and Guess That Color and Shape would be those). The upcomming Nostalgia Box Set would make the count of new releases four. There has also been at least one new Elmo's World release. I have no idea if there have been/ will be any more. I have not heard any news yet of there being any DVD releases of previous video releases.

I am not sure how correct I am regarding the Bear in the Big Blue House DVD releases.

And finally, there has only been one single-disc Fraggle Rock reelase this year, with no more being announced, but season 2 has been announced for later this year. The Muppet Show: Season 2 hasn't even had an official date announced, and it has been rumored to be released in 2007 instead of 2006.

Well, there's still half a year left. I predicted some of the movies to be re-released this year, but then they were all annoucned for last year shortly after I made my predictions.
  15. Kimp the Shrimp

Don't Give up Hope Springs Eternal
  16. Lettuce

Lettuce New Member

I don't see what has made you so optimistic. . .
  17. minor muppetz

At this point, I think it's safe to assume that there won't be any unannounced DVD releases comming out this year that we didn't already know about. @!#%$##

I am surprised by a few things. For example, I predicted that we'd have four DVD releases of previously-released SS videos, and this was the first year since Sesame Street DVDs started being made that Sesame Workshop didn't release any videos on DVD. I don't know what the deal was. I hope that the Old School set didn't discourage Sesame Workshop from releasing these on DVD (though I am happier with the Old School set). It would be good for all Sesame Street videos to be released on DVD.

Well, I guess I'll start another prediction thread for next year very, very, very, very, very, very soon.