Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

lotusoftheleaf

Reaction score
I haven't read this whole thread and I'm sure it's been said already, but I'd like to see Kermit on The Daily Show again talking about the movie, or maybe on the Colbert Report.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if the Muppets could hold an audience for a weekly half-hour sitcom. One where they don't put on a show, or maybe one where they work at the Muppet Theater but it usually takes place during the weeks between shows.
We all seem to forget what a boon syndication was for Henson and selling the series. ABC didn't want a weekly series in the 70's, and only gave them a couple specials. I don't think TMS would have had a nice long, 5 year run if it had been on network. look what happened with Muppets Tonight.

Sigh... if only syndication had new programming besides game shows and cheap stuff like that, there could be a chance.

fuzzydice82

Reaction score
My Dreams:

1. Restart the Palisades Toy Line - Keep the same quality (or better), hire the Palisades toy designers to help the Disney toy designers, and start with Series 10. I've heard from so many people that the only thing wrong with the Palisades Muppet toys is that they made them too good. They couldn't sustain the cost. Well, Disney already charges a premium for their name brand, so the market can bare a slightly higher cost for really good toys...and accessories...and playsets.

2. Continue the Muppet Show Comics - These are hands down some of the best comics being made right now. It had an Eisner nomination in 2010, and it lost to the last Scott Pilgrim book as 2010 was the Scott Pilgrim farewell year. I predict an Eisner for the Muppet Show Comic in 2011

3. Release all 5 seasons of The Muppet Show on Blu-Ray - People on here have mentioned season 4 and 5 on DVD, but I want them all on Blu-Ray. With the resources Disney has, a Blu-Ray transfer shouldn't be difficult, especially if this is the year of the Muppets for Disney. ALSO, acquire the rights to all the songs in the shows and give them to us as originally aired. Oh, and include as many behind the scenes interviews and footage with all the puppeteers, so that we can see the inner workings of the magic.

4. An All-Muppet Episode of 30 Rock - The internet has many comparisons of 30 Rock to The Muppet Show, and there have been 3 or so Muppet appearances on the show. NBC already did a live 30 Rock episode and they just did a claymation episode of Community, so hopefully a Muppet episode isn't too much of a long shot.

5. A Good Muppet Video Game - This has been mentioned, and described better than I could, but it is a must. Doing an MMORPG where you are a Whatnot in the Muppet world might be much, but something along the lines of Epic Mickey would work. As long as it's not too "kiddie," it could be awesome.

My Long Shot Dreams: (Though some of the above are long shots)

6. New Episodes of The Muppet Show - Okay, this is a long shot, but I can dream. The new comics have some good material to draw from for a short 6 - 11 Episode syndicated season. (Yes, I think the comic is that good.)

7. A New Muppet Show - This is different than new episodes of the old show. In this dream, Kermit has retired, Robin runs The Muppet Show, some old characters stay on-board (and make cameos), and new characters and Whatnots entertain us for a few seasons.

beaker

Reaction score
I think one of the grandest new ideas mentioned by a lot of people here is the idea of an "epic" Muppet video game, that could be cross platformed on the DS, Wii and 360.

chrislynch

Reaction score
All Ideas Are Great

I think you guys have got all great ideas !

I think the Disney Channel should play all Muppet Show shows..
and Kermit and Piggy should do the talkshow rounds, and breakfast shows... and you're right.. details the history of the muppets with show highlights... I hope Disney does it right this time.. To be honest, I'm nervous it will be weak marketing by people who aren't really interested in the Muppets... I really hope I'm wrong.. but creating products for a new market, who doesn't know who the Muppets are will be a very hard task.

Puckrox

Reaction score
4. An All-Muppet Episode of 30 Rock - The internet has many comparisons of 30 Rock to The Muppet Show, and there have been 3 or so Muppet appearances on the show. NBC already did a live 30 Rock episode and they just did a claymation episode of Community, so hopefully a Muppet episode isn't too much of a long shot.

YES! The episode where Kenneth envisions everyone around him as Muppets is my favorite! :excited:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
- AN UNCUT DVD VERSION OF A MUPPET FAMILY CHRISTMAS
That's the number one thing on my Muppet Releases Wish List, too (With number two being the Tales from Muppetland specials).

Although I'm aware of the tons of paperwork required, it would be nice to have it out in time for next Christmas. :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
That's the number one thing on my Muppet Releases Wish List, too (With number two being the Tales from Muppetland specials).

Although I'm aware of the tons of paperwork required, it would be nice to have it out in time for next Christmas. :smile:
We all want to see this happen and i think we're closer than we've been for quite some time but the soonest this would happen would be 2012. It's pretty clear that as the movie happens, Disney is being very careful about establishing The Classic Muppets as its own brand not to be confused with the SST Muppets so i don't see a special that is all about a crossover between the two (and FR) happening during the same holiday season. VERY LIKELY CANDIDATE for '12 though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score

Considering the recent Henson/Lionsgate releases including characters owned by Muppets Studio and Sesame Workshop being uncut (well, besides the unusual editing out of the end credits to Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting), I am fairly confident that this can be released in the near future. Hopefully Disney will do whatever it takes to clear all the required music rights.

We all want to see this happen and i think we're closer than we've been for quite some time but the soonest this would happen would be 2012. It's pretty clear that as the movie happens, Disney is being very careful about establishing The Classic Muppets as its own brand not to be confused with the SST Muppets so i don't see a special that is all about a crossover between the two (and FR) happening during the same holiday season. VERY LIKELY CANDIDATE for '12 though.
One thing that I could see happening would be to put images of the Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock characters on the cover with a special bubble/banner/whatever reading "With special guest stars from Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock!" That would also be ironic considering that past releases of the special only included the main Muppet Show Muppets on the cover, despite all previous releases coming back when Henson still owned all those characters. If it were two years ago I wouldn't even expect them to be on the cover of such a release, but in the past two years pretty much every Henson release that includes Muppets pictures them on the covers, and all recent Sesame Street DVD releases with Kermit (excluding ABCs with Elmo and the upcoming Elmo's World: Penguins and Friends) include the frog on the cover.

But as I'm sure I've said before I'll be happy with The Muppet Show: Season Four and at least one other Muppet DVD release from Disney.

beaker

Reaction score
Disney released both a Tangled and a Tron Legacy collectors magazine, so its pretty safe to assume we're going to get a nice slick glossy collectors magazine for "The Muppets" this fall.

(and this will be the first new Muppet magazine in almost 22 years)